There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Why is everyone (ESPN - analysts/commentators) riding the Detriot Lions' nuts?

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Seriously they deserve it they are 5-0 who saw that comin?

Originally posted by Joecool:
I see you are probably heavily emphasizing "coast" in this statement. DET, longitudinally, is lined up with Florida, not TEX.

And TEX...you mean the state that is known for football, lives, breathes and dies for football? That state? Not exactly the same as Missouri.

Detroits in michigan
their best player has a cool nickname.
Originally posted by 9er_84:
I see you are probably heavily emphasizing "coast" in this statement. DET, longitudinally, is lined up with Florida, not TEX.

And TEX...you mean the state that is known for football, lives, breathes and dies for football? That state? Not exactly the same as Missouri.

Detroits in michigan

Yeah but saying DET is not in the East is like saying PHX is not in the West.
I personally don't care that the 49ers aren't getting recognition from the media. I think it's a good thing to be honest. As previously mentioned in numerous threads, it's better to fly under the radar.

However, one thing really got under my skin last night. I was watching ESPN and at the end of the show, one of the announcers (don't remember who) said, "Hey Niner fans, you want your team to have some recognition then beat the Lions." I don't know if it was word for word, but that was the gist of it. That just left me like...

It was almost like they were mocking us. I don't know, the fact that they said something to that extent proves that, imho, that they're doing it for other reasons and don't want to give this team any recognition.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Is this a joke?

This. They are 5-0
Lots of media giving us respect now. But moest of them are saying we really don't have a chance, more specifically Alex... I'm liking it this way.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Is this a joke?

This. They are 5-0
This x3
They deserve all the attention. What an amazing start for them.
They are 5-0. We are 4-1. The team can change that on sunday. Should be a good game. O-line better be ready. It was exciting to see a Mike Martz offense run Forte for over 100 yards. That encouraged me alot. I think also that this is not as good a secondary as philly should be or the Bucs were supposed to be. Stafford threw some picks against the bears. This is a great test for our team and one we are ready to pass.
Originally posted by 9er_84:

Detroits in michigan

Yeah but saying DET is not in the East is like saying PHX is not in the West.
Tell that to someone from Detroit.

They deserve it - plain and simple. Members on here are overvaluing the 9ers and undervaluing opponents - currently: Lions > 9ers
[ Edited by JREED23 on Oct 11, 2011 at 2:52 PM ]

Detroits in michigan
The city of Detroit, as well as the state of Michigan, need this and deserve it. Thier economic conditions are terrible to say the least. Even Barry came out to represent. I'm happy for them, but i'll be even happier when we kick their ass!!
Typical jellyfish will be off that horse as soon as we win the game. THEN, they'll be talkin' like they thought we'd be playing like we are all along.
I think our front seven on defense will dominate and suprise the NFL. Also imo harbaugh will outcoach schwartz if things get really ugly. Niners have a better chance at winning this game. Especially cause special teams puts us in great positions almost everytime. Im not saying Alex wont get sacked or pressured or maybe even throw an interception but i believe in harbaugh and this team as a whole. Go Niners!!!