There are 174 users in the forums

The Cam Newton Freight Train of Outstandingness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Paul:
"If anything, I feel like I've failed myself due to this game is about wins and losses," Newton said. "And I'm not hanging my hat on no 2-6 season and we still have an opportunity to change that."

Newton said he's a long way off from being satisfied with what he's done and ready to celebrate.

"I really haven't had the opportunity to just soak it all in and take everything in. But, nor am I trying to just sit back and say, ‘Man, look what I did,'" Newton said. "I still have things that I want to do."

This guy is going to win a Super Bowl I'd say in the next 6-7 years, he just wins
2-6, uhh no he doesnt
Originally posted by valrod33:
"If anything, I feel like I've failed myself due to this game is about wins and losses," Newton said. "And I'm not hanging my hat on no 2-6 season and we still have an opportunity to change that."

Newton said he's a long way off from being satisfied with what he's done and ready to celebrate.

"I really haven't had the opportunity to just soak it all in and take everything in. But, nor am I trying to just sit back and say, ‘Man, look what I did,'" Newton said. "I still have things that I want to do."

This guy is going to win a Super Bowl I'd say in the next 6-7 years, he just wins
2-6, uhh no he doesnt

lol
  • Paul
  • Veteran
2-6, uhh no he doesnt

rookie year well no... but the Panthers are going to be even better next year, they've been in all of their games this year for the most part. He will win, just a matter of when not if
so basically he doesn't "just win"
2-6, uhh no he doesnt

rookie year well no... but the Panthers are going to be even better next year, they've been in all of their games this year for the most part. He will win, just a matter of when not if

You know the other guy who started out throwing 400 yards and lots of picks?....

Todd Marinovich....

Just saying. Lots of yards in losing efforts as a rookie doesn't mean anything.
Newton is that dude
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
2-6, uhh no he doesnt

You know the other guy who started out throwing 400 yards and lots of picks?....

Todd Marinovich....

eh... it means something. but its almost taken for granted that players will get better after their rookie year. Strangely, that's not always the case.
  • Paul
  • Veteran

Todd Marinovich....

He has shown leadership and poise...plus how many games did Marinovich even start his rookie year? Not many
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

in college he did

Todd Marinovich....

He has shown leadership and poise...plus how many games did Marinovich even start his rookie year? Not many

I'm just saying annointing him now is too early. All he's proven so far is he can throw picks all over the field and lose. Could he get better in later years? Yes he could. He also could turn out to be not as good as you guys expect.

Cam Newton=Winning, next year

Todd Marinovich....

Todd Marinovich played 1 game as a rookie had 243 yards 3 touchdowns 0 picks. Had a huge game in his 1st start the following year than fell of the map.

But there was this quarterback by the name of Peyton Manning who threw 28 picks his rookie year. He sucks though.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

in college he did

so did Tebow
The Titans gave a formula to keep the freight train from leaving the station today.
DaltOn will beat him out for rookie of the year IMO
Share 49ersWebzone