LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 290 users in the forums

The Cam Newton Freight Train of Outstandingness

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
35 points and he still lost, that is tough.....

oh wait did the Lions get 49 bc of the 4 picks?

Detroit discovered how dangerous that team truly is when they play 11-11 and not 2-11.
Cam Newton Update:

Current:

2,885 yds, 12 TDs, 14 INTs
411 yds rushing, 9 rush TDs

On pace for:

4,616 yds, 30 Total TDs, 22 INTs

Clearly the turnovers are killing him at this point. He will have to limit these going forward if he wants to be a successful NFL QB.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
DaltOn will beat him out for rookie of the year IMO

Hard to tell. Dalton isn't as stylish, which unfortunately makes a difference.
You mean, he is ginger and thats why he never ever win any player's trophy in this league.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Cam Newton Update:

Current:

2,885 yds, 12 TDs, 14 INTs
411 yds rushing, 9 rush TDs

On pace for:

4,616 yds, 30 Total TDs, 22 INTs

Clearly the turnovers are killing him at this point. He will have to limit these going forward if he wants to be a successful NFL QB.

Had Cam Newton not thrown the interception in the third quarter, the Panthers would have taken back the lead. That was a very expensive turnover.
I'm still aboard. Dude seems like a good person, and a hard worker. Bound to improve. Lookout when he does.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I'm still aboard. Dude seems like a good person, and a hard worker. Bound to improve. Lookout when he does.

If he got himself a defense... Carolina could be scary.

Will wait until next year and teams have a bunch of footage before I am 100% sold, but wow. Dude is awesome!
  • vaden
  • Veteran
What's happened to this guy? I know he's on a bad team but why do they play so much worse at the end of games? I thought he was clutch but now it's like he's Lebron, another Frozen One folding in the 4th quarter.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,400 for saniner.
So he broke the record for passing yards by a rookie. He has been beastly this year. Now has 14 RUSHING tds.
Cam Newton Update:

Like the Niners in Week 5, the Bucs once again give up 48 points in a road loss, this time to Newton and the Panthers. Newton completed 71% of his passes for 3 TDs and added a 49 yard TD rush before being pulled early in the 4th quarter. Newton broke Peyton Manning's record for most passing yards by a rookie ever and added to his own record for most rushing TDs by any QB ever. He also set the record for longest pass in the history of the franchise on a 91 yard catch-and-run from Brandon LaFell. Carolina has won four of its last five games.

Current Stats:

60%, 3,893 yds, 20 TDs, 16 INTs passing
674 yds, 14 TDs rushing

Upcoming Milestones

Needs 107 passing yards to reach 4,000 yards passing
Currently 2nd in the NFL in rushing TDs, 3 behind LeSean McCoy

Next Game:

Carolina is @ the Saints in Week 17. A win OR an Atlanta win Week 16 would guarantee the Niners get the two seed even if they lose to STL.
http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/12/cam-newton-carolina-panthers-nfl-autograph/

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
MVP in the making.
Originally posted by susweel:
MVP in the making.

No doubt. I'd be shocked if his rushing TD total doesn't drop considerably this season though. Teams got abused by him last season and they'll be better prepared for him this season. He's still going to beast all over the place. Not knocking him in the slightest I'm just trying to give opposing defenses the credit they deserve. Cam has a massive target on his back now.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
You guys think Cam is worth #1 overall in fantasy?
Originally posted by Garcia:

Yes
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by toeknee:
Originally posted by Garcia:

Yes

Depends on scoring. He could be round 1 to round 5 depending on the scoring rules. He is a top 5 QB in fantasy points IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone