LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 365 users in the forums

Taylor Mays for 2013 7th Round Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
so if we gave up our second last year, we would've gotten the bengals second this year which they used to draft Dalton which is looking pretty good.

Even if the trade was made, what makes you think they'd draft Dalton? I wouldn't give Singletary any confidence in doing that. He probably despises Baalke's scouting reports and needs to look at more film.

well dalton wouldn't happen till this year obviously. I think if Dalton and Kaepernick are sitting there, we go with Dalton.

Valid argument, but Harbaugh/Baalke tried to trade up for Kaep late in first round, but Pats wanted too much I guess. I'm leaning towards them still drafting Kaep. But believe Dalton will be the better pro career of the two.
Originally posted by valrod33:
We tried to trade back into the first round to draft kaepernick. We didnt want Dalton

Isn't Kaepernick who the Raiders were trying to trade up for too?
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Valid argument, but Harbaugh/Baalke tried to trade up for Kaep late in first round, but Pats wanted too much I guess. I'm leaning towards them still drafting Kaep. But believe Dalton will be the better pro career of the two.

This, I thought the reports out before the draft said we were real high on dalton, only to draft Colin "project" kapernick.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by susweel:
Either way I still blame Baalke because he had have given the scouting the report.

I remember right after McClueless left they said they were using the draft board that he made.
correct
What I remember is when the Bengals drafted Dalton, the 49ers staff on the live feed all were jumping around celebrating, and they wasted no time drafting Kaep, so it appeared as though Kaepernick was their guy.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jreff22:
Either way I still blame Baalke because he had have given the scouting the report.

I remember right after McClueless left they said they were using the draft board that he made.
correct

If thats the case then what did Baalke do to merit a promotion to GM ?
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
What I remember is when the Bengals drafted Dalton, the 49ers staff on the live feed all were jumping around celebrating, and they wasted no time drafting Kaep, so it appeared as though Kaepernick was their guy.

that makes me sad.
kaep. dalton. what does it matter? tolzien is jesus christ in a helmet. he will throw down the face melter on both those b***h ass QBs.
I just never understood this trade. A 7th round pick is practically worthless. It should have at least been a conditional pick.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I just never understood this trade. A 7th round pick is practically worthless. It should have at least been a conditional pick.

It was They gave us a 7th round pick on the condition that we give them Taylor Mays

Originally posted by valrod33:
It was They gave us a 7th round pick on the condition that we give them Taylor Mays

I thought it was a 2012 7th, a 2013 7th is even worse.

correct

1998 - 2000
New York Jets
(Personnel scout)
2000 draft Jets drafted Shaun Ellis, John Abraham, Chad Pennington, Laveranues Coles

2001 - 2003
Washington Redskins
(National scout)

Washington Redskins
(College Scouting Coordinator)
Sean Taylor, Chris Cooley

2005 - 2007
San Francisco 49ers
(Western Region Scout)

2008 - 2009
San Francisco 49ers
(Director of Player Personnel)

San Francisco 49ers
(VP of Player Personnel)

San Francisco 49ers
(General Manager)

correct

we were to far into the "draft season" to redo the board, and all the info wasn't going to him prior, like Scotty.

I like this years class a lot and really cant wait to see the 2012 class
http://www.bengals.com/team/roster/taylor-mays/2f7a9a69-e958-4e77-9c03-7ae54ecf06af/

Poor, Mays. He hasn't even seen the field........Now that's what you call a bust.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
still can't believe we drafted him. how the hell do you draft a safety with absolutely no instincts? stiff hips, terrible angles, and slow game speed. BUUUUUUUUUST!
Share 49ersWebzone