There are 190 users in the forums

Taylor Mays for 2013 7th Round Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Eric_Branch Eric Branch
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said Cincinnati tried to trade with #49ers in 2010 NFL draft to select Taylor Mays.

could have gotten extra picks

But the great proven experienced GM Baalke is too smart to trade down.
Originally posted by susweel:
Eric_Branch Eric Branch
Bengals coach Marvin Lewis said Cincinnati tried to trade with #49ers in 2010 NFL draft to select Taylor Mays.

supposedly, this is what all the drama in the draft war room was about between he and singletary. Singletary won.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Eric_Branch Eric Branch

supposedly, this is what all the drama in the draft war room was about between he and singletary. Singletary won.

So then our GM has no backbone, either way it doesn't seem encouraging for the future.
Eric_Branch Eric Branch

So then our GM has no backbone, either way it doesn't seem encouraging for the future.

Sing had roster control
And baalke wasn't GM yet
Eric_Branch Eric Branch

think singletary had more power at that time.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
think singletary had more power at that time.

Either way I still blame Baalke because he had have given the scouting the report.
could mays really do any worse than how our safety did this past weekend?
could mays really do any worse than how our safety did this past weekend?

yes
so if we gave up our second last year, we would've gotten the bengals second this year which they used to draft Dalton which is looking pretty good.

so if we gave up our second last year, we would've gotten the bengals second this year which they used to draft Dalton which is looking pretty good.

Even if the trade was made, what makes you think they'd draft Dalton? I wouldn't give Singletary any confidence in doing that. He probably despises Baalke's scouting reports and needs to look at more film.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

Even if the trade was made, what makes you think they'd draft Dalton? I wouldn't give Singletary any confidence in doing that. He probably despises Baalke's scouting reports and needs to look at more film.

well dalton wouldn't happen till this year obviously. I think if Dalton and Kaepernick are sitting there, we go with Dalton.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:

well dalton wouldn't happen till this year obviously. I think if Dalton and Kaepernick are sitting there, we go with Dalton.

We tried to trade back into the first round to draft kaepernick. We didnt want Dalton
Originally posted by valrod33:
We tried to trade back into the first round to draft kaepernick. We didnt want Dalton

i remember hearing that, but don't really buy it.
Either way I still blame Baalke because he had have given the scouting the report.

I remember right after McClueless left they said they were using the draft board that he made.
Share 49ersWebzone