LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 337 users in the forums

Taylor Mays for 2013 7th Round Pick

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Joecool:
If Baalke had no influence on the Mays pick, then we wouldn't be trying to get rid of him so quick. It's simple, Singletary vouched for the kid, forced him in the lineup last year and the kid did not impress.
Harbaugh/Fangio come in and realize this kid doesn't have what it takes to be on this roster. This confirms Baalke's original evaluation so they try to get anything possible for him or cut him. Teams cut 7th rounders and since Mays would have gotten cut anyways, he gets a 7th round grade. Teams are not dumb. Either there's something severly wrong with Mays mentally or he isn't good and he was going to get cut. This allows a team to not have to "fight" for him as if he were an undrafted free agent.

Teams don't lie. Niners wouldn't have lied to other teams when they ask why we are shopping Mays even if a mass email wasn't sent out.

Joecool is there a reason for you to be a negative person. You don't anything nice about anything.
Colin Keapernick (sp) better be good or we will look like a team that can't draft in the second round to save our lives!

Smiley
Baas
Balmer
Mays

I think Spencer is the last 2nd rounder that sort of panned out? This is why I love it when we trade our second rounders to move up in the draft! We can only draft well in round 1. Gore was a great pick but we are a bust factory and we are stating that we are going to build through the draft?
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Colin Keapernick (sp) better be good or we will look like a team that can't draft in the second round to save our lives!

Smiley
Baas
Balmer
Mays

I think Spencer is the last 2nd rounder that sort of panned out? This is why I love it when we trade our second rounders to move up in the draft! We can only draft well in round 1. Gore was a great pick but we are a bust factory and we are stating that we are going to build through the draft?

Balmer was first rounder...
Originally posted by NumberOneFan:

Smiley
Baas
Balmer
Mays

which brings up a good point. WE can't draft in the first either. A.Smith, Balmer, A.Davis,

Smiley
Baas
Balmer
Mays

We have done pretty well in all rounds except the first 2-3.. might as well trade all those away, and keep picking up later round gems.

Smiley
Baas
Balmer
Mays

I thought Smiley was pretty good. Baas was serviceable.
Or it could be some of the coaches couldn't coach or scheme?
Originally posted by NumberOneFan:

Smiley
Baas
Balmer
Mays

Great catch, he played like one of our second rounders that's probably why I confused him.
Originally posted by MBniner:
How do you know it was just Singletary's pick? Why does everyone say this? Conjecture and rumor. I highly doubt Baalke had no influence on it. I'm not sold on this guy at all. The jury is still out on those lineman from last year. Smith was an outside the box pick that hasn't shown immediate dividends. Crabtree has been a joke.

How can you even say Smith hasn't shown immediate dividends? The (real) season hasn't even started yet. I think he has looked good in preseason and all the players have said he's been great in camp.
You can't say he hasnt played well just because he got burnt by a very good tight end.
Originally posted by GoGetit:
Originally posted by Joecool:
If Baalke had no influence on the Mays pick, then we wouldn't be trying to get rid of him so quick. It's simple, Singletary vouched for the kid, forced him in the lineup last year and the kid did not impress.
Harbaugh/Fangio come in and realize this kid doesn't have what it takes to be on this roster. This confirms Baalke's original evaluation so they try to get anything possible for him or cut him. Teams cut 7th rounders and since Mays would have gotten cut anyways, he gets a 7th round grade. Teams are not dumb. Either there's something severly wrong with Mays mentally or he isn't good and he was going to get cut. This allows a team to not have to "fight" for him as if he were an undrafted free agent.

Teams don't lie. Niners wouldn't have lied to other teams when they ask why we are shopping Mays even if a mass email wasn't sent out.

Joecool is there a reason for you to be a negative person. You don't anything nice about anything.

I'm negative for supporting Baalke's decision for an all out email and that action didn't hurt the low compensation we got for Mays?

If he was worth more, we would have got more.

Memo to all you Mays fans, sell or burn your number #23 (Mays) jersey and move on.
why is this thread still in NT? Mays sucks, get over it. He is the Vernon Gholston of Safeties. He cant cover and he doesnt wrap up, it would be different if he showed progress but he didnt. You dont play football for long in the NFL when those are your two glaring weaknesses.
Originally posted by 5280High:
why is this thread still in NT? Mays sucks, get over it. He is the Vernon Gholston of Safeties. He cant cover and he doesnt wrap up, it would be different if he showed progress but he didnt. You dont play football for long in the NFL when those are your two glaring weaknesses.

the thread is more about the front office's decision, in the draft and trade, that whole scandal, etc. amazing that it is at 16 pages, but i think its fair game for NT.
Would have rather released him, getting a 7th rd pick is a slap in the face to us.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
the thread is more about the front office's decision, in the draft and trade, that whole scandal, etc. amazing that it is at 16 pages, but i think its fair game for NT.

example? this is hear say. USC haters
Share 49ersWebzone