There are 253 users in the forums

[RUMORS] inside source: 49ers to discuss trade for Samuel

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by zBrah:
doubt the niners get him

They will, it's the f**king 49ers. We'll take an old dude with a s**tty contract over something better on the market (which we'll not even bother to compete for).

Baalke should be f**king fired after this season, this is f**king pathetic.

This.

You two are hilarious. We have a chance to get a pro bowl ball hawk in his prime and you guys are mad about dealing a second rounder who most likely won amount to much. He'd be better than any cb we have had since deion.

It doesn't really matter anyway. The Patriots or some other REAL organization will probably snatch him away from us at the last minute.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Guys the cap number on Asante Samuel will not be 9mill. It will be less, because the Eagles will be charged with paying his bonus which inflates the cap. His cap number will be in the 5-7million dollar range.

Stay Tuned.. Ill keep you posted.

Expect the Dashon Goldson decision within the next 48hrs. Eric Weddle Contract range.

Link?
2nd rounder is steep...still would rather just sign Cromartie even though it's gonna be tough...

[ Edited by aman49 on Jul 29, 2011 at 17:07:12 ]
Guys the cap number on Asante Samuel will not be 9mill. It will be less, because the Eagles will be charged with paying his bonus which inflates the cap. His cap number will be in the 5-7million dollar range.

Expect the Dashon Goldson decision within the next 48hrs. Eric Weddle Contract range.

How do you know? I seem to recall going through this is before. Don't get me wrong if we can get Samuel we'd be f**king stupid not to, especially for a 2nd rounder
Originally posted by Neener:

Link?

Eric Weddle type contract for Goldson?!!!!?!?!!??!?!!?!??!?! WTF
lol you again Dafaro
Weak. We should have pushed harder for Nnamdi. We need help at several positions and we're not doing enough. It doesn't look like the team will be getting any better this year.
DaFaro = incarceratedbob 2.0

Link?

I've done a pretty good job of keeping my cool during the past couple days. But if we pay Dashon Goldson anything close to what Weddle got I will go apes**t. Dashon's deal should be comparable to what Danieal Manning got from the Texans. Anything more than that is insane.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by b9er37:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
So we didn't want to pay Joseph that much, but we might be willing to trade a high draft pick and pay the same amount for the older Samuel?

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
wait a sec. so we're willing to trade for Samuel and take over his $9+million contract? i would have much rather paid a younger Nnamdi or Joseph

That's also dependent on whether either wanted to come here. Hate to say it

I don't think Samuel's contract would be an issue because none of it's guaranteed. (IIRC) If he doesn't play well, we're not on the hook, whereas we would be if we signed Nnamdi or Joseph.

I'm more concerned about giving up the pick. I didn't see enough of the Eagles last year to know if he's still worth a 2nd Rounder at this point.

I watched pretty much every Eagle game the last few seasons. Asante is still elite. the one worry I have is the concussion or two he's had recently. I'd still pull the trigger.
Originally posted by niner4life21:

Link?

We better not be the morons to make it happen. Goldson was awful last year and only mediocre the year before. He doesn't deserve any huge contract.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Link?

We better not be the morons to make it happen. Goldson was awful last year and only mediocre the year before. He doesn't deserve any huge contract.

This x1000

Link?

If out of all these players we inquired about and didn't sign we end up with Goldson at 40+ million I will be pissed off. We should have not worried about him and got 2 or 3 of these other guys. Wonder how much Huff is going to get? Probably less than that so why don't the Raiders just sign him but then again I hope they do get Goldson at that price.
Originally posted by Gore_21:

Link?

If out of all these players we inquired about and didn't sign we end up with Goldson at 40+ million I will be pissed off. We should have not worried about him and got 2 or 3 of these other guys. Wonder how much Huff is going to get? Probably less than that so why don't the Raiders just sign him but then again I hope they do get Goldson at that price.

I don't even think Goldson is fast enough for Al Davis's stopwatch to be happy!
Share 49ersWebzone