There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AEG exec says 5 teams discussed move to Los Angeles

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Report: AEG targeting more than five teams - PFT

Quote:
In the wake of last week’s declaration from Leiweke that the Vikings, Chargers, Raiders, Rams, and Jaguars have been targeted, several of those franchises said that a move isn’t happening. Thus, in hindsight, it feels like Leiweke uncorked a Hail Mary pass in the hopes of kicking a potentially sputtering project in the ass.

Other possibilities include the 49ers, Bills, and maybe one or two others whose fan bases would go bonkers if we’d throw them into the mix based only on a hunch.

BOOOOOO. If the 49ers moved to LA I would forget about football and never forgive the NFL. LA 49ers doesnt even make sense. There are no 49ers in LA. Seriously. That's friggin BS. Somebody oughta let a wolverine tear up this Leiweke guy's face if he targets the 9ers.

If the 9ers move to LA I will be heart broken

And the only team in the bay besides us is....the..

I would

I would become a NY Jet or Giants fan

Yeah I dunno, I might like the Giants or Colts if the 9ers left. But I probably would just ditch the NFL altogether.

I think I'd just start following college football more. Maybe become a Cal fan

Who cares though. this isnt happening
Teh traffic situation sucks there.

I remember I went to visit my cousins down there and I was forced to go to a Doyer' game. It took days.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,840
LOL this coming from a 49er fan? The traffic situation is awful in San Francisco.
Originally posted by fryet:
LOL this coming from a 49er fan? The traffic situation is awful in San Francisco.

I dont think you get it.

[ Edited by WillistheWall on Jun 16, 2011 at 10:21:17 ]
They are probably going to start with just one team but I here that they would like 2 NFL teams to go to LA. It should be Jacksonville because their fan base is horrible but I would be happy if it was the rams. Less distance to travel for the Niners.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Report: AEG targeting more than five teams - PFT

Quote:
In the wake of last week’s declaration from Leiweke that the Vikings, Chargers, Raiders, Rams, and Jaguars have been targeted, several of those franchises said that a move isn’t happening. Thus, in hindsight, it feels like Leiweke uncorked a Hail Mary pass in the hopes of kicking a potentially sputtering project in the ass.

Other possibilities include the 49ers, Bills, and maybe one or two others whose fan bases would go bonkers if we’d throw them into the mix based only on a hunch.

BOOOOOO. If the 49ers moved to LA I would forget about football and never forgive the NFL. LA 49ers doesnt even make sense. There are no 49ers in LA. Seriously. That's friggin BS. Somebody oughta let a wolverine tear up this Leiweke guy's face if he targets the 9ers.

Apparently he wants to own the majority of whichever team moves there. That being said, there is absolutely no way the Yorks would be willing. If they wanted to sell, they can do it now to a Bay Area businessman. The team puts too much money in their pockets for them to even consider selling a portion of it.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Report: AEG targeting more than five teams - PFT

Quote:
In the wake of last week’s declaration from Leiweke that the Vikings, Chargers, Raiders, Rams, and Jaguars have been targeted, several of those franchises said that a move isn’t happening. Thus, in hindsight, it feels like Leiweke uncorked a Hail Mary pass in the hopes of kicking a potentially sputtering project in the ass.

Other possibilities include the 49ers, Bills, and maybe one or two others whose fan bases would go bonkers if we’d throw them into the mix based only on a hunch.

I knew it. And, to be honest, I'm okay with the 49ers moving to Los Angeles. In fact, I'd welcome it.

I knew you'd be here as soon as they mentioned the 49ers possibly moving to LA

lol

Dude's a joke. He ignores any logic when rooting for the 49ers to move to Los Angeles.
Originally posted by dwett:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I'd prefer the Jags: They still have that "new franchise" smell.

Well if it is the Jags. How do you realign. Do you move the Chiefs to the AFC South. Logistically that's the only thing that makes sense. The problem is the AFC West has some great rivalries for the league.

I think the Chargers would be the easiest answer.

LA Jags --> NFCW
AZ Cards --> AFCS
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Report: AEG targeting more than five teams - PFT

Quote:
In the wake of last week's declaration from Leiweke that the Vikings, Chargers, Raiders, Rams, and Jaguars have been targeted, several of those franchises said that a move isn't happening. Thus, in hindsight, it feels like Leiweke uncorked a Hail Mary pass in the hopes of kicking a potentially sputtering project in the ass.

Other possibilities include the 49ers, Bills, and maybe one or two others whose fan bases would go bonkers if we'd throw them into the mix based only on a hunch.

I knew it. And, to be honest, I'm okay with the 49ers moving to Los Angeles. In fact, I'd welcome it.

I knew you'd be here as soon as they mentioned the 49ers possibly moving to LA

lol

Dude's a joke. He ignores any logic when rooting for the 49ers to move to Los Angeles.

Meh. He can wish it all he wants, but since the Niners just bought out the company that was their biggest obstacle in getting the new stadium built, it's no longer a matter of if, but when their SC stadium happens.
NFC-W:
LA Jaguars
SEA Seahawks
SF 49ers (one red team vs 3 blue = )
STL Rams

AFC-S:
ARI Cardinals
HOU Texans
IND Colts
TEN Titans
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I hope it's the Raiders.

No way. The battle of the bay is a blast every year. Its good to have a rival so close.

they cancelled that. battle of the bay will only happen during the regular season whenever that is
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
NFC-W:
LA Jaguars
SEA Seahawks
SF 49ers (one red team vs 3 blue = )
STL Rams

AFC-S:
ARI Cardinals
HOU Texans
IND Colts
TEN Titans
not bad, but i would switch the Rams and the Cardinals. I know the rams are our oldest division rival, but they really arent in the "west". And no one in the country cares about our division rivalries anyways.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I hope it's the Raiders.

No way. The battle of the bay is a blast every year. Its good to have a rival so close.

they cancelled that. battle of the bay will only happen during the regular season whenever that is

2014...2018...2022...etc.

sucks....
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
NFC-W:
LA Jaguars
SEA Seahawks
SF 49ers (one red team vs 3 blue = )
STL Rams

AFC-S:
ARI Cardinals
HOU Texans
IND Colts
TEN Titans
not bad, but i would switch the Rams and the Cardinals. I know the rams are our oldest division rival, but they really arent in the "west". And no one in the country cares about our division rivalries anyways.

nahh...cardinals have least appeal to remain in the NFCW (despite NFL and MNF attempts to foster a Niners-Tards rivalry in recent years). Niners-Seahags have the Harbaugh-Carroll factor (plus growing mutual fan hatred)...Niners-Rams should be kept intact to preserve some historicity...Niners-Jags? it won't take long for Bay Area fans to hate any team from LA...even Rams-Jags could develope into a nice Browns-Ravens/Titans-Texans type prodigal team/former city rivalry...Pete Carroll will probably find a way with his former SoCal days to piss off LA Jag fans...

it's perfect...

as for the geographical factor...the NFL cares more for historical and more importantly, marketable rivalries...geographical logic takes less precedence...if such were the case, Dallas, Washington, Baltimore and Miami would all be in southern divisions, Indy in the north etc.
[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Oct 24, 2011 at 8:59 PM ]
C'mon RAMS!!!!!!