There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

football players=slaves??

adrian peterson thinks so.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Adrian-Peterson-expresses-frustration-on-labor-i?urn=nfl-wp206

SC: It's nothing that I haven't heard from other players, believe me.

AP: It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money … the owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money. I understand that; these are business-minded people. Of course this is what they are going to want to do. I understand that; it's how they got to where they are now. But as players, we have to stand our ground and say, 'Hey — without us, there's no football.' There are so many different perspectives from different players, and obviously we're not all on the same page — I don't know. I don't really see this going to where we'll be without football for a long time; there's too much money lost for the owners. Eventually, I feel that we'll get something done.

But this crazy idea about an 18-game season … I'm sure they want more entertainment and more revenue, but we're not going to see a pinch of that (the increased revenue), and it's just the business we're in.

[ Edited by Snider8706 on Mar 15, 2011 at 14:50:45 ]
I dont think slaves got paid millions of dollars
worst comment ever

owners are sitting back and laughing at players s**t all over themselves
Originally posted by valrod33:
I dont think slaves got paid millions of dollars
40 million dollar slaves (book review)

i haven't read this book yet, so i'm not sure how convincing the argument is or whatever, and I don't actually think this has any direct relationship to AP's statement, just pointing out that its not a totally "random" idea.

anyway, its not a good, from a PR standpoint, to use that kind of "charged language," especially when the average fan thinks players are overpaid millionaires and probably thinks that the players are somehow being greedy in this CBA dispute.
Lol, ok.
Originally posted by Chief:
Lol, ok.
rasheed wallace said pretty much the same thing when he was with Portland, back in 2003 i think. Stern suspended him like 5 games
I just heard that AP is scheduled to make 10 mill next year.

What is AP's agent thinking now?
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Really?? Comparing million dollar athletes to slaves??
Originally posted by CoachingMatters:
Originally posted by Chief:
Lol, ok.
If a white guy had said this he would get vilified.
I want to be a slave.
Originally posted by Overkill:
I want to be a slave.

you can be my sex slave