LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

if we sign Asomugha, then we def want Clements!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Not sure if we could do it, but i skimmed an artical that said Asomugha only gave up 10 catches for 160 yards this year. My thought if we get lucky enough to sign him is that Clements will be able to play the way he plays best. We could leave Asomugha in man coverage and swing safty help over the top(assuming the get over in time) and Nate can be the risk taker he wants to be with help over the top!! 80 some tackles for a corner is AWESOME and we all know he likes to bite on that first move!!! He could be the great player we all thought he would be when we signed him.........
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by mikeyc2281:
Not sure if we could do it, but i skimmed an artical that said Asomugha only gave up 10 catches for 160 yards this year. My thought if we get lucky enough to sign him is that Clements will be able to play the way he plays best. We could leave Asomugha in man coverage and swing safty help over the top(assuming the get over in time) and Nate can be the risk taker he wants to be with help over the top!! 80 some tackles for a corner is AWESOME and we all know he likes to bite on that first move!!! He could be the great player we all thought he would be when we signed him.........

yep they only threw his way like 25 times

Nate had 82 tackles cause he gave up 70 catches lol

Asomugha had 19 tackles this year 19!
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Wow... Nandi will be worth every penny. I want him so badly...
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

I agree

Wow... Nandi will be worth every penny. I want him so badly...
If we DO go after Nnamdi, like with Harbaugh we will have the geographic leverage against other teams. He played at Cal, drafted by Oakland, if he likes it here, he may give us priority. He has already made boatloads of money from Al Davis so it might not be as important to him anymore, but who knows. One thing to consider about him, is that he will be 30 before next season kicks off, and is only 1.5 years younger than Nate. It will be great in the short run to have him, but his production may fall off sharply in 2-3 years, and you know he is going to want a contract much longer than that. Then it will be the same situation as with Clements. Not saying it will but it is something to consider.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
If we DO go after Nnamdi, like with Harbaugh we will have the geographic leverage against other teams. He played at Cal, drafted by Oakland, if he likes it here, he may give us priority. He has already made boatloads of money from Al Davis so it might not be as important to him anymore, but who knows. One thing to consider about him, is that he will be 30 before next season kicks off, and is only 1.5 years younger than Nate. It will be great in the short run to have him, but his production may fall off sharply in 2-3 years, and you know he is going to want a contract much longer than that. Then it will be the same situation as with Clements. Not saying it will but it is something to consider.

Agree

Yep thats what happens when your a lock down corner, nobody tests you. Having Asomugha just would add to the dream roster we already are putting together.
Share 49ersWebzone