LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

The **OFFICIAL** Cam Newton Bandwagon!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
At all the haters that said he wouldn't make it in the NFL as a QB

why cause he passes for 400 yards, and he is a star already?

They wont win much, and still will have excuses made for them.

Cam is young, OL isnt good, no good weapons.
oh and Irvin, "22M is 50M short of what he deserves", lol.
Originally posted by 49erFan:
Unreal start for a rookie QB in the NFL. Let's see if he can keep it going.

Yup. So far playing like the #1 pick.
Originally posted by SoTx9R:

Man I wish we had a QB who played like the #1 pick.
Originally posted by jimmy49erfan:
Originally posted by SoTx9R:

Man I wish we had a QB who played like the #1 pick.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

OL is one of the best in the NFL; they multiple pro-bowlers on that OL. He might not have great weapons, but Smith, Olsen, and 2 pro bowl RB's, i wouldn't considered that bad.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
lol, oooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmggggggg, 400 yards passing, 2 TDs, but but but they lost.

Ok, but its his supporting cast and OL, but Alex doesnt throw for 400 yards everyone is up and arms and we win. And everyone b***hes.

Screw stats, I want wins.

Plus he is and was a project and will take a few yrs to develop.

Wins will come...Panthers don't have to worry about a QB when Cam is 100% ready. Let's not kid ourselves, putting up 400 yards on back to back weeks as a rookie is no joke. The guy is the real deal.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Panthers 0-2 but both losses were very close.. Newton threw 400 on one of the NFL's best defenses and is only going to improve. From what I've seen the Panthers are in a great position right now and have a lot of core players to work with. They have the Jaguars next week, so maybe he can go 3 in a row
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
Panthers 0-2 but both losses were very close.. Newton threw 400 on one of the NFL's best defenses and is only going to improve. From what I've seen the Panthers are in a great position right now and have a lot of core players to work with. They have the Jaguars next week, so maybe he can go 3 in a row

Cam will win many games for Panthers, it's only a matter of time. He has won any every level, so - he will win plenty of games at this level too. The most impressive thing about him is, his pocket presence. He just knows how to move around the pocket, regardless of how much pressure there is. He has that poise, that instinct.
Originally posted by YungAce:
I've been on this muthaf**ka. Drafting Newton and finding a way to get either Palmer or McNabb sounds like a plan.

YungAce from the past, you a smart muthaf**ka. WTF were you thinking when you suggested McNabb though?
[ Edited by YungAce on Sep 19, 2011 at 11:52 AM ]

Originally posted by Paul:
A secondary which allowed so much passing yards in back-to-back games isnt considered as one of the best defenses.
Originally posted by backontop:
I still wouldn't draft him

good thing you don't run the team
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
A secondary which allowed so much passing yards in back-to-back games isnt considered as one of the best defenses.

Throwing back to back 400 yards...as a rookie...in NFL - does it even matter if it's against a crappy defense or one of the best defenses? 400 yards in the first 2 games, with the kind of off-season we had this year...is nothin' short of amazing.

I don't care if he doesn't throw over 250 yards rest of the season, in two games he has shown he has world-class skills to play the QB position at the NFL level.

I was referring to the people that said, he would only make it as a Rb or Fb. Hes been doing pretty good as a QB, thus far.And anybody that can't see that is blind.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Throwing back to back 400 yards...as a rookie...in NFL - does it even matter if it's against a crappy defense or one of the best defenses? 400 yards in the first 2 games, with the kind of off-season we had this year...is nothin' short of amazing.

I don't care if he doesn't throw over 250 yards rest of the season, in two games he has shown he has world-class skills to play the QB position at the NFL level.

My thoughts too
Share 49ersWebzone