LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 199 users in the forums

The elephant in the room; What if A.Smith and/or Sing do great elsewhere?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Yes, they should both go into broadcasting.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Umm how is this an elephant in the room?

I mean, nothing can change the fact they bombed here...it's what happens here that is relevant, not anywhere else. They didn't cut it, that won't change unless they stay, which they are not.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by confusedrhino:
Originally posted by theweapon:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
What if Alex does great next year and is a pro bowler as an Arizona Cardinal?

Alex a pro bowler? nah, he is not good enough. Name me a QB that was a bust with the team that drafted him and went on to success elsewhere... Sing will forever be a LB coach, something I think he is actually good at.

Uh.... Steve Young?

lol owned. Someone else that comes to mind is Kurt Warner. He wasn't drafted, but tried out for a couple NFL teams before being picked up by the Rams. Although it doesn't work quite as well as Steve Young who actually played some games before being traded away as not living up to his potential.

Don't forget Brees going to New Orleans..

Or Vinny Testeverde back in the day.

Brees was a Pro Bowler on San Diego. So, uh, no dice.

Also the exception does not prove the rule folks. For every 1 Steve Young there are about 20 of the bust variety: Couch, Leaf, Schuler, Harrington, Russell, McNown, etc. Might as well just add Alex's name to the bust list now, he's never been one to prove anyone wrong.
What if Alex does great next year and is a pro bowler

as an Arizona Cardinal?

Alex a pro bowler? nah, he is not good enough. Name me a QB that was a bust with the team that drafted him and went on to success elsewhere... Sing will forever be a LB coach, something I think he is actually good at.

Uh.... Steve Young?

lol owned. Someone else that comes to mind is Kurt Warner. He wasn't drafted, but tried out for a couple NFL teams before being picked up by the Rams. Although it doesn't work quite as well as Steve Young who actually played some games before being traded away as not living up to his potential.

Or Jim Plunkett
Hahaha, if he does great ill be happy for alex but thats not going to happen!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

as an Arizona Cardinal?

Uh.... Steve Young?

Or Jim Plunkett

Or Brett Lorenzo Favre.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:

as an Arizona Cardinal?

Uh.... Steve Young?

Or Jim Plunkett

Or Brett Lorenzo Favre.

Tampa was really bad , they had no o-line and Young played in the USFL and did decent with LA Express before.

as an Arizona Cardinal?

Uh.... Steve Young?

Or Jim Plunkett

exactly the guy i thought of, 2 time sb champ with a diff team after flaming out as a #1 pick and former heisman winner
Originally posted by susweel:
good for them

Exactly how I feel.

I dont dislike either and wish them luck in the future.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
LOL. Sing will never succeed anywhere as a head coach, the man is a moron.

As for Alex, I can see him being average for the rest of forever.

Co-signed.

WHAT IF ALEX KNOCKS US OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS FOR YEARS TO COME? OR BEATS US IN A SUPER BOWL? I HOPE WE RESIGN HIM AND ALLOW SOME COMPETENT COACHES TO WORK WITH HIM AND KEEP HIM AS A BACK UP AT LEAST
Originally posted by Trajik1:
WHAT IF ALEX KNOCKS US OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS FOR YEARS TO COME? OR BEATS US IN A SUPER BOWL? I HOPE WE RESIGN HIM AND ALLOW SOME COMPETENT COACHES TO WORK WITH HIM AND KEEP HIM AS A BACK UP AT LEAST

WHAT IF HE BECOMES PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD AND KILLS ALL DISSENTERS?!
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by Trajik1:

WHAT IF HE BECOMES PRESIDENT OF THE WORLD AND KILLS ALL DISSENTERS?!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT.
Lol @ some people thinking Alex Smith will start for another team next year
I can't believe you actually think that this is possible.
Share 49ersWebzone