LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 318 users in the forums

The elephant in the room; What if A.Smith and/or Sing do great elsewhere?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by aman49:
Not only do I think Alex will be a good, maybe even Pro Bowl QB elsewhere...

I'm counting on it.
I agree

[ Edited by TheGoldenState on Dec 29, 2010 at 11:48:42 ]
  • dj43
Singletary will land a position job with a good team and eventually wind up being a good coach, though perhaps not a HC. He is very driven but was given this gig long before he was ready.

Alex will wind up a starter next year, likely in AZ, and will have a good career in this league. I would not be surprised to see him in a Pro Bowl before he is finished. He is a bright kid and a much better QB than he was allowed to be here.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
LOL! Sing literally has no idea how to coach -- so he won't be unless it's in college.

Alex Smith -- I can see it. So I wouldn't be surprised.

Either way, who the f**k cares? They are the finale of a horrible decade for the 49ers and cleansing them to start anew is by far better than whatever they achieve personally.

Harbaugh is a college coach and I'm pretty sure I saw you on that bandwagon in other threads. Double standards?
Good for them if they have success in the future. I don't think any 49ers fan has really questioned the effort of Smith and Sing. For whatever reasons, it didn't work out for all parties involved. What I am taking from this is the org, Smith and Sing ALL failed to be successful together. Time for a new approach for everyone, right?
Smith would be average in the UFL. When will people realize he is never going to be anything special? Maybe Singletary can go back to Baylor one day. His motivational tactics might play at that level.
If they're not 49ers, I couldn't care less.
Originally posted by theweapon:
Originally posted by Jamespowers:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
What if Alex does great next year and is a pro bowler

as an Arizona Cardinal?

Alex a pro bowler? nah, he is not good enough. Name me a QB that was a bust with the team that drafted him and went on to success elsewhere... Sing will forever be a LB coach, something I think he is actually good at.

Uh.... Steve Young?

lol owned. Someone else that comes to mind is Kurt Warner. He wasn't drafted, but tried out for a couple NFL teams before being picked up by the Rams. Although it doesn't work quite as well as Steve Young who actually played some games before being traded away as not living up to his potential.
Sing is one of the worst coaches I have ever seen. Absolutely clueless. He has no chance of success and should never be a HC again.

Alex is really a scared, tenative QB. It's hard to succeed with that. Although I always believed he has enough physical talent skill set to do it. And still think so to this day. When he just chucks it and doesn't think too much he does pretty well. He thinks to much, hesitates, throws late, throws high, rolls right and throws out of bounds and such. IMO a lot of it is in his head. Clearly he is not a talent like Peyton Manning. But the opposite is also the case. He's not a zero talent. There is some physical ability there. The mind just has no confidence and there is too much hesitation. Can he fix that somewhere else? I don't know.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
LOL. Sing will never succeed anywhere as a head coach, the man is a moron.

As for Alex, I can see him being average for the rest of forever.

Agree with both points.
f**k em! if your ex girlfriend marries somebody more successful than you.... then f**k her too! People who worry about that kinda s**t make me laugh, it does not matter what they do elsewhere, THEY FAILED HERE!

I don't care about non niners. Whatever they do elsewhere, good for them.

Personally, I don't believe Singletary will ever be a good coach, nor do I think Alex Smith is capable of becoming anything significantly more than average.
Originally posted by confusedrhino:

as an Arizona Cardinal?

Alex a pro bowler? nah, he is not good enough. Name me a QB that was a bust with the team that drafted him and went on to success elsewhere... Sing will forever be a LB coach, something I think he is actually good at.

Uh.... Steve Young?

lol owned. Someone else that comes to mind is Kurt Warner. He wasn't drafted, but tried out for a couple NFL teams before being picked up by the Rams. Although it doesn't work quite as well as Steve Young who actually played some games before being traded away as not living up to his potential.

Don't forget Brees going to New Orleans..

Or Vinny Testeverde back in the day.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
What if the moon eats our planet?!

That's about as likely as either of these bums succeeding.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

as an Arizona Cardinal?

Uh.... Steve Young?

Neither was a bust

#16 was pretty good too (of course he was very good after he left)
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

as an Arizona Cardinal?

Uh.... Steve Young?

[ Edited by JerryRice1848 on Dec 29, 2010 at 12:11:12 ]
Share 49ersWebzone