There are 345 users in the forums

Rams will win on Sunday...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
I fully expect Jake Long to manhandle Anthony Davis.

He made Davis look like Kwame Harris the last time.

Jake Long? it's Chris Long.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by tohara3:
IF they win sunday then they will be playing the Niners to clinch the NFC West.

Wow, so sad

what's sad is all the hype around the Niners making the playoffs the last couple of weeks. After we lost to TB the Rams have been in the drivers seat. They play a KC team with their QB coming back from a painful surgery, a horrible road team in the Niners, and a Seahawks team that is falling apart down the stretch. Yet when I said the Rams could finish 9-7 two and a half weeks ago everyone laughed at me.

They won't finish 9-7 because they won't win on the road in Seattle. Explain how they are "falling apart down the stretch" when they are 2-3 in their last 5 JUST LIKE ST.LOUIS is?? So the Rams are falling apart down the stretch too then huh? St. Louis is 2-5 on the road, SEA is 4-2 at home. Seattle will win week 17. Rams lost to US on the road and Candlestick is not NEARLY as tough to play as Seattle is, especially for a rookie QB.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:

My bad. Massive brain fart.
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by tohara3:
IF they win sunday then they will be playing the Niners to clinch the NFC West.

Wow, so sad

what's sad is all the hype around the Niners making the playoffs the last couple of weeks. After we lost to TB the Rams have been in the drivers seat. They play a KC team with their QB coming back from a painful surgery, a horrible road team in the Niners, and a Seahawks team that is falling apart down the stretch. Yet when I said the Rams could finish 9-7 two and a half weeks ago everyone laughed at me.

They won't finish 9-7 because they won't win on the road in Seattle. Explain how they are "falling apart down the stretch" when they are 2-3 in their last 5 JUST LIKE ST.LOUIS is?? So the Rams are falling apart down the stretch too then huh? St. Louis is 2-5 on the road, SEA is 4-2 at home. Seattle will win week 17. Rams lost to US on the road and Candlestick is not NEARLY as tough to play as Seattle is, especially for a rookie QB.

Fact. Plus I think KC will throw the sink @ the Rams sunday. I hate to say this but that game yesterday was damn near meaningless to us. Our big games are against STL and AZ, as we need to beat STL to get in and I'm sure AZ will be out for blood against us.

Anybody that lines up against him makes him look like Kwame 2.0....
Originally posted by vamphunter23:

Anybody that lines up against him makes him look like Kwame 2.0....

Yeah, yeah did give him problems, especially with the holding calls AND Troy Smith didn't help since we all agree he holds on to the ball too long. Troy Smith also only got sacked one time by Long and threw for 356 Yards with a limited playbook.............
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Sam the Ram is going to tourch our DB's. I bet Clements gives up a couple of TD's going for the double move.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Sam the Ram is going to tourch our DB's. I bet Clements gives up a couple of TD's going for the double move.

Sam is tough, but he dinks and dunks his way down the field. Has all season. He threw the ball 42 times with only 1 TD the last game and that was after they had 2 weeks to prepare for our defense. As long as our offense doesn't turn the ball over, out defense will be fine. We OWN the NFC West
I'm thinking the rams will get favored by the refs so the Goodell doesn't have to worry about a 7-9 team in the playoffs
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
All of us/you should stop hoping because the 49ers season is ovah!! Starting this Sunday evenin, I will be happiest as ever as a 49ers fan because I know for sure we will finally have a legit NFL coach, a brand new beginning and a lot more good players coming to this team next year.

I have all the confidence in the world that Jed will get it right this time, I just can't wait for him to start making those moves.

The day Alex Smith is not on the team anymore will be a very special day for me as a fan - I am so looking for that day!

Merry Christmas and a Great New Year to all of you 49erfriends!

I agree. If this was John York's 49ers, Id be crapping my pants cause I know he'd would eiter keep Sing or go out and find the next cheapest retread out there to fill the void we call a head coach.

However, I have faith in Jed. I think he's a fan before he is the owner. I think he feels the pain that Niner fans do. And I really feel he will go after a proven guy like Jon Gruden and get rid of Alex Smith by years end,

Enough is enough. The Rams will beat SF, and I cant wait to see the fans boo the hell out of Sing and Alex in the season finale.....

Jon Gruden is NOT a proven coach, you guys need to do the research on these coaches and free agent players you guys are calling for. The only Super Bowl he won came from a Tony Dungy built team running the Tampa 2, even players like Warren Sapp have spoke out and said this. To some extent even Gruden himself admits this, and that's why he thanked Tony when the Bucs won the super bowl. Gruden got fired because he posted several losing season after the super bowl win and could not mold a quaterback.

Yup Sapp and Simeon Rice (who has held a grudge against Gruden so anything Rice said needs to be taken with a grain or two of salt) buried Chucky. But a world class player named Derrick Brooks spoke highly and if favor of Chucky and his time in Tampa. As did Antonio Bryant. Mike Holmgren and Rich Gannon also speak very highly of Chucky.

Seems you did not do your research either...Gruden was fired after 2 9-7 season's, he had more winning seasons then losing ones, and won the division 3 times in 7 years. He also took over a team that had no 2002 & 2003 1st round picks as well as no 2002 and 2004 2nd round picks.

His biggest mistake was never spending a high round draft choice on a QB, but he was also handicapped in any attempt to get one because of those 4 lost draft choices.

Let's not forget that Gruden built the Raiders into Superbowl contenders before being traded to Tampa by Al Davis.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I fully expect Chris Long to manhandle Anthony Davis.

Anybody can manhandle A. D
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Sam is tough, but he dinks and dunks his way down the field. Has all season. He threw the ball 42 times with only 1 TD the last game and that was after they had 2 weeks to prepare for our defense. As long as our offense doesn't turn the ball over, out defense will be fine. We OWN the NFC West

So, I take it you think we'll win out and win the West. It's very likely that our scenario to win the West will play out. Here's wishing for good luck.
rams have no wr's or a tight end. Does show how good bradford is, if he a decent targets to throw to, rams would prolly 10-6
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by 49ERSAM:
All of us/you should stop hoping because the 49ers season is ovah!! Starting this Sunday evenin, I will be happiest as ever as a 49ers fan because I know for sure we will finally have a legit NFL coach, a brand new beginning and a lot more good players coming to this team next year.

I have all the confidence in the world that Jed will get it right this time, I just can't wait for him to start making those moves.

The day Alex Smith is not on the team anymore will be a very special day for me as a fan - I am so looking for that day!

Merry Christmas and a Great New Year to all of you 49erfriends!

I agree. If this was John York's 49ers, Id be crapping my pants cause I know he'd would eiter keep Sing or go out and find the next cheapest retread out there to fill the void we call a head coach.

However, I have faith in Jed. I think he's a fan before he is the owner. I think he feels the pain that Niner fans do. And I really feel he will go after a proven guy like Jon Gruden and get rid of Alex Smith by years end,

Enough is enough. The Rams will beat SF, and I cant wait to see the fans boo the hell out of Sing and Alex in the season finale.....

Although I agree with every sentiment written here -- I still say it's a little early to start counting chickens.

Nothing this front office does surprises me anymore.

Dingleberry should have been fired long ago. Don't give me the lame excuse that there's nobody better on the staff than Dingleberry. ANYONE is a better option at this point.

The fact that Dingleberry hasn't been shown the door yet bothers me a great deal and don't think for one second that he can't possibly be retained for yet another year.

Because he can. Remember -- this is the York family we're dealing with here. They are the worst -- most incompetent owners the NFL has ever had to deal with. They've brought the words bad and wretched to an entirely new level.

Bottom line? They don't care. And strange things happen when you don't care.
Share 49ersWebzone