Shop 49ers game tickets
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he would be the worst gm ever

got rid of franchise qb and WR within 2 years
used a first on alphonso smith who got released next year

Didnt even release Smith, traded him to Det for a 7th round TE, only for Smith to start for Detroit and pick off 5 passes.(admittedly hes still not great in coverage, but still, 1 year?)

Not to mention either, Kyle Orton had a very decent 2008 for the Bears, a Bears team with nothing at the WR position.

Signed Jarvis Green to a 4 yr 20 mil deal in march. Released him in September. whoops!

One more, he signed JJ Arrington in 2009 in March, only for him to be cut in May after failing a physical. Yes, he signed a guy who needed microfracture surgery and didnt bother to check.

Not all of this falls of Josh however, Brian Xanders is to shoulder some of this blame as well.

Alphonso Smith got eaten alive by the Patriots and Tom Terrific. I'm sure you remember that afternoon
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Losing a premier WR and QB is not a good idea!!!!

And reaching for a QB project wont save your job either.

This guy truly f**ked up this franchise for a good while.

Cutler on the other hand is winning!!!

If I didn't know any better i would have assumed he went in there to destroy the franchise on purpose. Like you said, the man traded away their two best player and reached (REALLY REACHED) for a QB. Don't forget he traded away a fan favorite in Hillis for Brady Quinn. haha.

holy s**t... another HUGE laugher

Not only this, McDaniels threw in a 6th pick in 2011, and a conditional one in 2012.

Sounds like the kind of guy the Yorks would hire...I'm not joking. Hiring Dennis Erickson (below avg NFL HC record), Mike Nolan (no HC experience) and Mike Singletary (again, no HC exp.), you'd think they would learn by now. Sadly, I think they make another dumb move and this could be the one.

Sean Payton, Ken Whisenhunt, Mike Tomlin, and (to a lesser extent) Rex Ryan.

All living, breathing examples of why your logic fails.

So, you're saying hiring McDaniels would be a wise move and my logic fails? So, you're saying the experiment of hiring Nolan and Singletary with zero HC experience was somehow a success? Bwahaha!! You're the one who FAILED to see my point! But whatever.
[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Dec 9, 2010 at 8:31 AM ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by teeohh:
anyone that thinks jed would hire mcdaniels is an idiot if you ask me, give the guy some credit

See my post above and tell me who the real idiot is. And give the Yorks some credit? HA!! That's a good one.

Those hires obviously didn't turn out good but were they considered idiotic at the time? No, people were hopeful. hiring a guy that just completely screwed over a franchise and has no business ever being a hc for at least another 5 years would be completely stupid. It would be like sing getting the head coach job at dallas, it's so stupid its funny. Jed won't even think about interviewing mcdaniels and if I'm wrong I'll eat my crow.

I'll eat crow, too if I'm wrong because after three HC failures in a row, I have little hope that the Yorks will find a suitable replacement for the Niners. McDaniels will be on their interview list, I don't like the thought of it, but I can definitely see that happening.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
he would be the worst gm ever

got rid of franchise qb and WR within 2 years
used a first on alphonso smith who got released next year

Didnt even release Smith, traded him to Det for a 7th round TE, only for Smith to start for Detroit and pick off 5 passes.(admittedly hes still not great in coverage, but still, 1 year?)

Not to mention either, Kyle Orton had a very decent 2008 for the Bears, a Bears team with nothing at the WR position.

Signed Jarvis Green to a 4 yr 20 mil deal in march. Released him in September. whoops!

One more, he signed JJ Arrington in 2009 in March, only for him to be cut in May after failing a physical. Yes, he signed a guy who needed microfracture surgery and didnt bother to check.

Not all of this falls of Josh however, Brian Xanders is to shoulder some of this blame as well.

Alphonso Smith got eaten alive by the Patriots and Tom Terrific. I'm sure you remember that afternoon
McDaniels had final say over the roster.
Chris Mortensen mortreport

Filed by myself and @AdamSchefter to ESPN: McDaniels to Rams as offensive coordinator is now a done deal.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:

Filed by myself and @AdamSchefter to ESPN: McDaniels to Rams as offensive coordinator is now a done deal.

You are quick to report this. Even the sports reporter of the Lambs did not know this 5 minutes ago! Listening to Mortensen saying the same thing right now.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Cool beans. Makes the division better.
Originally posted by susweel:

That sucks!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Looking forward to the challenge.

Hopefully 49ers-Rams become the rivalry it once was and deserves to be. I'm tired of Cardinals fans trying to start a rivalry with the Niners. You can only have one true rival. With our histories, divisional relationship and upward trajectory...St. Louis should be ours.

dude knows offense. I am not really that happy about this.

I hope he falls on his face again like his HC job.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Look for Bradford to put up huge numbers.
In positive news the whole Rams O will have to adjust to a new system. This and Josh is young and will have another shot at being a HC at some point, I don't expect him to a be a long term guy.
Originally posted by jreff22:
In positive news the whole Rams O will have to adjust to a new system. This and Josh is young and will have another shot at being a HC at some point, I don't expect him to a be a long term guy.

By the time he leaves Bradford will be solidified as a QB.
I hope McDaniels leaves the team and the Rams go through 5 offensive coordinators.
Share 49ersWebzone