Holmgren sounds like a guy who wants to coach again

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by PTulini:
I don't see it happening. If anything, Holmgren seems committed to rebuilding the Cleveland Browns. If he gets back into coaching next year, it will be as the Browns next Head Coach!

My thoughts as well.

-9fA

No because he can't replace Mangini with himself and Gruden supposedly wants that job, Mike is a NorCal guy and Gruden's an Ohio guy and they're tight with eachother.

And I'm not doubting any of that. I am saying is that if the scenario does happen that Holmgren has a change of heart and wants to coach again, that he will coach the Browns (if they sink) before he coaches us or any other team.

To me, it seems as though he's committed to the Browns. I will be shocked if Holmgren is anywhere else next season.

-9fA

+ 1

Highest likely scenario: Mike Holmgren fakes a heart attack during a front office meeting in Cleveland, and fakes his death via 'Cambodian Faux Cyanide'.

-Holmgren then lives in the HP Pavilion rafters for 3 months (until his contract becomes void, and his hooker mistresses get the remaining 8 million dollars). Then Mike comes back as "Dr. Richard Kimble" with a beard, and becomes the first SB coach to not only get accused of killing his wife, but proves his innocence after finding the one-armed man, and in following... wins the 49ers their first Lombardi in 16 years.

Eventually, hours after the league catches onto this, Candlestick will self-destruct, but by the time anybody figures s**t out Holmgren will be on a beach with Hans Gruber... earning 20%.

It can happen, it worked for Tupac and Hitler.

Nice "Die Hard" reference!
Want Cheap and High quality Jerseys?
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA $18.99
Discount Sports jerseys
high quality
Safe trade by Paypal
Maybe u can have a try
www.bbeststore.com
Originally posted by lucy2012p:
Want Cheap and High quality Jerseys?
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA $18.99
Discount Sports jerseys
high quality
Safe trade by Paypal
Maybe u can have a try
www.bbeststore.com

BanHammer on the Spammer!
It would be awesome if Holmgrem came home to coach the 49ers, but I am still holding on to hope that we will get a coach from the walsh tree and bring the WCO back to San Francisco

but the game against denver was the first time all season I saw a quick slant pass to a WR more than once and allowed him to get some YAC , very rarely do we see Alex throw that pass with success, Mike Johnson needs to bring elements of the WCO back, I loved it when all 5 of our eligible receivers were used to spread out a defense and slice them up all game long ...hopefully Mike Johnson continues to use the talent we have and draws up plays to get them the ball, no more of this run, run, pass punt s**t
The Minnesota Vikings will be first on any available HC list. What coach wouldn't want to get a hold of that Defensive personnel and offensive talent?
Originally posted by Joecool:
The Minnesota Vikings will be first on any available HC list. What coach wouldn't want to get a hold of that Defensive personnel and offensive talent?

They will be in need of a QB next year....that team could tank if not handled properly.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Dallas can be argued as having as much talent and will likely be willing to sign the fatter paycheck. Dallas also has Romo in the short term at least to QB, Minnesota has T-Jack.
  • dj43
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
It would be awesome if Holmgrem came home to coach the 49ers, but I am still holding on to hope that we will get a coach from the walsh tree and bring the WCO back to San Francisco
The most logical Walsh tree candidate right now is Pat Shurmur, current Ram OC. He comes via the Andy Reid tree, which is the best WCO version, IMO. Only trouble with that is; why would he leave a team with a young QB who looks like he might turn out to be very good in order to go to a team that doesn't look like it has any QBs on its roster that can play in this league?

I don't think Holmgren comes here for multiple reasons, the main one is that he appears to have struck some gold with Colt McCoy and the team is looking very good right now.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Dallas can be argued as having as much talent and will likely be willing to sign the fatter paycheck. Dallas also has Romo in the short term at least to QB, Minnesota has T-Jack.

Thanks for ruining a Niners fans' hopes. Now we can really only hope to dangle that, "you love the Bay Area" carrot to coaches who have been here before.

• dj43

Thanks for ruining a Niners fans' hopes. Now we can really only hope to dangle that, "you love the Bay Area" carrot to coaches who have been here before.

That and the fact there is a fair amount of talent here. Lack of a QB is going to be the biggest obstacle for a top offensive-minded HC. Anybody that does any research at all will quickly see that the fan base here is sick of losing and will not be very tolerant of the 1-2 year training cycle for a new QB. If the next draft pick doesn't turn out, the HC will be gone before a replacement can be found.
  • evil
  • Veteran

We reach out to Mr.Ross and ask him if we can borrow Mr.Nolan's services as a consulting basis on the coaching search, allowing Mr.Nolan to take all candidates on a helicopter ride around the bay.

I believe Jackson is in the last year of his contract.

-9fA
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Holmgren is the only one for sure who could save the 49ers.

Please oh, please oh, please. I would fire Sing today if I knew he would take it......
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
On chronicle live they said Holmgren is interested in coaching in Sf.
Share 49ersWebzone