There are 227 users in the forums

Holmgren sounds like a guy who wants to coach again

Shop 49ers game tickets
If only there was a thread about this....
I don't see it happening. If anything, Holmgren seems committed to rebuilding the Cleveland Browns. If he gets back into coaching next year, it will be as the Browns next Head Coach!
Originally posted by jojomellon:
If only there was a thread about this....

SnakePlissken makes his own threads.
Originally posted by PTulini:
I don't see it happening. If anything, Holmgren seems committed to rebuilding the Cleveland Browns. If he gets back into coaching next year, it will be as the Browns next Head Coach!

My thoughts as well.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

My thoughts as well.

-9fA

No because he can't replace Mangini with himself and Gruden supposedly wants that job, Mike is a NorCal guy and Gruden's an Ohio guy and they're tight with eachother.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

My thoughts as well.

-9fA

No because he can't replace Mangini with himself and Gruden supposedly wants that job, Mike is a NorCal guy and Gruden's an Ohio guy and they're tight with eachother.

We know all of that dude.

My thoughts as well.

-9fA

Well dude, he's not going to replace Mangini with himself. That'd make him look like a dick. He's a NorCal guy and coached here in SF before, and he grew up a 49ers fan IIRC. If the Yorks are willing to let him do his thing and pull out their wallets it makes too much sense not to happen.

My thoughts as well.

-9fA

Well dude, he's not going to replace Mangini with himself. That'd make him look like a dick. He's a NorCal guy and coached here in SF before, and he grew up a 49ers fan IIRC. If the Yorks are willing to let him do his thing and pull out their wallets it makes too much sense not to happen.

LOL don't mind PTulini, he's on the Billick Bandwagon.

My thoughts as well.

-9fA

He was the GM/HC in Seattle. He could do it in Cleveland. Plus, I don't see Cleveland allowing him to come to San Francisco. There are probably restrictions in his contract if he were to quit.

Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

My thoughts as well.

-9fA

LOL don't mind PTulini, he's on the Billick Bandwagon.

All I said was don't count out Billick!

My thoughts as well.

-9fA

And I'm not doubting any of that. I am saying is that if the scenario does happen that Holmgren has a change of heart and wants to coach again, that he will coach the Browns (if they sink) before he coaches us or any other team.

To me, it seems as though he's committed to the Browns. I will be shocked if Holmgren is anywhere else next season.

-9fA

My thoughts as well.

-9fA

And I'm not doubting any of that. I am saying is that if the scenario does happen that Holmgren has a change of heart and wants to coach again, that he will coach the Browns (if they sink) before he coaches us or any other team.

To me, it seems as though he's committed to the Browns. I will be shocked if Holmgren is anywhere else next season.

-9fA

+ 1
Stranger things have happened and I'm allowed to dream.

My thoughts as well.

-9fA

-9fA

+ 1

Highest likely scenario: Mike Holmgren fakes a heart attack during a front office meeting in Cleveland, and fakes his death via 'Cambodian Faux Cyanide'.

-Holmgren then lives in the HP Pavilion rafters for 3 months (until his contract becomes void, and his hooker mistresses get the remaining 8 million dollars). Then Mike comes back as "Dr. Richard Kimble" with a beard, and becomes the first SB coach to not only get accused of killing his wife, but proves his innocence after finding the one-armed man, and in following... wins the 49ers their first Lombardi in 16 years.

Eventually, hours after the league catches onto this, Candlestick will self-destruct, but by the time anybody figures s**t out Holmgren will be on a beach with Hans Gruber... earning 20%.

It can happen, it worked for Tupac and Hitler.
Share 49ersWebzone