Not a member? Register Now!

Vikings Release MOSS!!!!!

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

• rob28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
If the 9ers claim Moss, it would cost us his current salary (3+million) for 8 games. He is a FA after the year, is it really worth it for a 2-6 team to pay Moss for 8 games ?

i think so. in fact, i'd rather do that than be on the hook for a longer contract. He would be a rental. If the team truly believes they can still make the playoffs, they should try to get him.

Does anyone actually believe with Moss we could win 7 of our last 8 games ?

we can't with or without.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
We wont sign him we have stupid owners and management. He will go with TO and CHAD or to RAMS.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Originally posted by susweel:
If the 9ers claim Moss, it would cost us his current salary (3+million) for 8 games. He is a FA after the year, is it really worth it for a 2-6 team to pay Moss for 8 games ?

No the vikings are paying his salary for the entire year.

Nope...if you acquire him via waivers you are on the hook for 3.38 million dollars of his 6.4 million dollar deal.

I don't see why not. It's not like spending 3 million that we otherwise probably wont use for this year is going to hurt us.

But where will it take us ? You rent a player to win a few games even though you still won't make the playoffs barring winning at least 7 of your last 8 games..possibly even all 8 ?

why not? I mean if we have 3 million that we otherwise wouldn't use might as well do it right? unless we're playing for a draft pick.

It's not about a draft pick, but Moss takes away snaps and targets from the other young receivers. At this point the likelihood of this team making the playoffs relies on a miracle so you might as well let those young WR's get as many opportunities as possible so that they can continue to grow.

You also have to keep in mind, Moss played for the Pats and the Pats do things the right way. If he doesn't like Sing or Sing's way of doing things he could quit on the team quickly (he has before) and be a liability or he could be headed back to the waiver wire which then would have made his acquisition a waste of time and money.

Nope...if you acquire him via waivers you are on the hook for 3.38 million dollars of his 6.4 million dollar deal.

I don't see why not. It's not like spending 3 million that we otherwise probably wont use for this year is going to hurt us.

But where will it take us ? You rent a player to win a few games even though you still won't make the playoffs barring winning at least 7 of your last 8 games..possibly even all 8 ?

why not? I mean if we have 3 million that we otherwise wouldn't use might as well do it right? unless we're playing for a draft pick.

It's not about a draft pick, but Moss takes away snaps and targets from the other young receivers. At this point the likelihood of this team making the playoffs relies on a miracle so you might as well let those young WR's get as many opportunities as possible so that they can continue to grow.

You also have to keep in mind, Moss played for the Pats and the Pats do things the right way. If he doesn't like Sing or Sing's way of doing things he could quit on the team quickly (he has before) and be a liability or he could be headed back to the waiver wire which then would have made his acquisition a waste of time and money.

Actually, I don't see him taking much away from the other guys. If anything, they can utilize him as a decoy most of the time. Just send him on go routes and take a safety out of the box. D-coordinators have to account for him. I say go get him. He'd certainly make Mike Johnson's job a lot easier.
Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Muggins879:
I would not want the niners to pick Moss. That dude would just quit on a bad team like the niners.

For reals. I want no part of this guy. Just imagine how pouty Moss would get in our offense.

then we just release him if he quits on us

Randy Moss is a top 3 WR of all time...yet his motivation is as if he's retired already. ID STILL TAKE HIM.

no hes not...
I would sign him. The one and only one thing Dingleberry is good at is handling crazy personalities like Randy "Head Case" Moss. He doesn't know X's and O's but Dingelberry can keep a moron like that under control. So with that being said I would pick him up. But we won't.
what is a randy moss ?
Originally posted by valrod33:

you are not very knowledgeable in this subject

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I don't give a s**t about any negative crap he brings with him. We aren't good enough to not bring in guys at his skill level.

You cant claim him, he's a vet so he becomes a free agent.

If he is claimed on waivers that teams picks up his salary, if he clears waivers the Vikings still pay him his salary and he can now double dip with the another team
lol
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I don't give a s**t about any negative crap he brings with him. We aren't good enough to not bring in guys at his skill level.

Exactly! If Sing. wants to keep his job and win games then he has the perfect opportunity to do it. We are pretty close to the top of the waiver order so its right there for the taken.

Troy, Crabs, Moss, Vernon, and Frankie...Pretty scary if you ask me.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Mantastic25:

Actually, I don't see him taking much away from the other guys. If anything, they can utilize him as a decoy most of the time. Just send him on go routes and take a safety out of the box. D-coordinators have to account for him. I say go get him. He'd certainly make Mike Johnson's job a lot easier.

He pushes someone down the depth chart and probably off the active roster, it also means you have to let one player go from your 53 man roster to clear a roster spot.

And what if he clashes with Sing, then he becomes a liability to this team. The risk is greater than the reward IMHO.

We'd be better off to wait until FA opens in March and if he decides to test the market, maybe you pursue his services where he'd have minicamps, OTA's, training camp and the preseason for him to learn the offense and work on chemistry with whoever the starting QB will be. If he decides not to test the market, well life still goes on and the sky will not fall.
Originally posted by redrathman:
what is a randy moss ?

Isn't that the moss that grows on the northside of a tree and it turns u randy if u touch it?

DO I MAKE YOU RANDY BABYYY YEA!???

...cue Austin powers intro..
Originally posted by Mantastic25:

He pushes someone down the depth chart and probably off the active roster, it also means you have to let one player go from your 53 man roster to clear a roster spot.

And what if he clashes with Sing, then he becomes a liability to this team. The risk is greater than the reward IMHO.

We'd be better off to wait until FA opens in March and if he decides to test the market, maybe you pursue his services where he'd have minicamps, OTA's, training camp and the preseason for him to learn the offense and work on chemistry with whoever the starting QB will be. If he decides not to test the market, well life still goes on and the sky will not fall.
Moss >>> Morgan, Zeigler, Ginn
K release Jason Hill

sign him plz
kthxbye
  • boast
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by redrathman:
what is a randy moss ?

he's a real pooper

Originally posted by HessianDud:

i think so. in fact, i'd rather do that than be on the hook for a longer contract. He would be a rental. If the team truly believes they can still make the playoffs, they should try to get him.

Does anyone actually believe with Moss we could win 7 of our last 8 games ?

5 games against division opponents though. I think you can make the argument that if we win all 5 of those games and 1 game against Tampa, GB or San Diego we have a pretty good chance at the playoffs.