There are 91 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Zombie Al Davis with the two overall firsts for Carson.
Niners at one point made a formal offer to the bengals for carson palmer according to adam schefter on espn this morning.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Niners at one point made a formal offer to the bengals for carson palmer according to adam schefter on espn this morning.

Interesting..
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Interesting..

He didn't specify whether the niners made the offer over the last couple weeks or before the start of the season. he did state that miami was contacted last week.
[ Edited by JoseCortez on Oct 23, 2011 at 8:14 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Interesting..

He didn't specify whether the niners made the offer over the last couple weeks or before the start of the season. he did state that miami was contacted last week.

Well given that we pursued Hasselbeck and Josh Johnson (*I think*) I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Zombie Al Davis with the two overall firsts for Carson.

well he was not great at drafting QB's. so why not get carson good move zombie davis.
[ Edited by stunder49 on Oct 23, 2011 at 9:07 AM ]
Palmer appears to be an Al Davis dream quarterback, an ideal player for the vertical passing game. To come out of self imposed retirement and play the way he did against San Diego, was impressive. It may veer towards indicating that he is the best quarterback in the AFC West and for that reason alone, this trade was likely to the Raiders' advantage. With their running game, defense and now passing game with Palmer, the Raiders could have all the pieces to be serious contenders for the first time since the earlier years of the past decade. Having been lodged in one of the most competitive divisions while playing for an erratic franchise, Palmer can now more comfortably clinch the playoffs and then anything can happen.
[ Edited by 49erDynasty on Nov 11, 2011 at 8:51 AM ]
Palmer was the one QB i wanted this offseason.

by the end of the season, he'll be tearing it up with the Raiders.
He played very well against the Chargers last night. Initially, I didn't think it was a good trade for the Raiders bUT if this keeps up they've got an excellent deal.
Palmer just had to play efficient and throw the deep ball on target and he did!!!! Oakland's running game was gashing San Diego and that opened things up for Palmer and Moore down the field.