LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 264 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
No. If Campbell didn't get injured, this trade doesn't happen. Sounds like Raiders HC Jackson did most of the convincing for Oakland's FO to agree to make this trade. Simply put, Raiders were desperate and there is more high risk than high rewards with this trade. Brown just got lucky someone was foolish enough to offer a 1st and 2nd round pick. Doubt it becomes two first rd picks because Raiders will NOT reach the AFC Championship game this year or next.

The Raiders only need to win a playoff game (which they could do if they meet the Titans or Texans in the playoffs) to lose another 1st round draft pick. Very steep trade terms, IMO.

Regardless of what will happen, the sure winner is Mike Brown. In the worst case, he gets a 1st late round pick for a player he won't have anymore anyway. And he got to punish Palmer financially - according to the report, Palmer would have made more than $12 million this year, but with the trade, he'd only make $2.5 million. The most painful best case's scenario would be for the Palmer-led Raiders to beat his team if they meet in the playoffs.

Guess I heard wrong, only a playoff victory not a Championship visit? Can't believe Raiders and Bengals are 4-2 and that scenario could happen. Palmer not making much this year, but I believe the Raiders are on the hook for the back end of his contract. If correct, I think those #s were in the $11 mil - $15 mil range per year.
Great trade... for the Bengals.
Originally posted by Overkill:

If they draft right
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam Schefter
No big surprise, but Raiders quarterback Carson Palmer is expected to start Sunday versus the Chiefs.

I wonder how much similar the Raiders playbook is from Cincy's??
Originally posted by Overkill:

If they draft right

Very true.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I dont think this trade is gonna work out well for the Raiders, Palmer looks to be on the decline and hasn't been the same player after his injuries.
Originally posted by susweel:
I dont think this trade is gonna work out well for the Raiders, Palmer looks to be on the decline and hasn't been the same player after his injuries.

Yeah. I would rather have Alex than him.
If you were Hugh Jackson, would you start Palmer this Sunday?
Originally posted by verb1der:

He is starting him, Schefter t**tted it
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

If I were the Chefs I would blitz him like crazy.

If they draft right

Agreed, but Palmer was as good as lost to the Bengals anyway. Had Mike Brown put Palmer on the trading bloc at the beginning of the season, he might not have been able to get one 1st round draft pick, not to say anything about the possibility of two. Other than the Kolb trade, perhaps because of the shortened preseason, few teams were in the mood for a "greatest" trade.
u right...

u right too

im kind of excited to see what happens, im a closet raider fan
u right...

u right too

im kind of excited to see what happens, im a closet raider fan

Raiders will just throw some sweeps at them.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
trade may work out great for both teams... Palmer played his best under Jackson when they were in Cincy together, and Palmer is 31 which isn't old at all for a QB. I could see Palmer making a quick impact.

Do we know what number he is going to wear in Oakland?
Originally posted by Paul:
trade may work out great for both teams... Palmer played his best under Jackson when they were in Cincy together, and Palmer is 31 which isn't old at all for a QB. I could see Palmer making a quick impact.

Do we know what number he is going to wear in Oakland?

Jackson was WR coach with the Bengals. Jackson knew Palmer, but did not directly coach him.
Share 49ersWebzone