There are 281 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Pick up Palmer and draft a QB high in the draft.

Palmer starts and mentors for two years, then young QB becomes starter.

This would not anger me.

While I agree

its gonna cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We have the room. We need to make a bold move.

$$$ for a garbage QB that hasnt done anything but suck in 3 years
how smart..

As bad as you make him out to be, he's still been better than Alex Smith. He was better last year, he's better this year. While he may not be a top-5 QB anymore, he is far more talented than what we have and would be an upgrade.

I swear every time someone suggests a player that's better than what we have, somebody else has to come in b*tching about it and using any reason they can think of to say we don't need them. What a joke.

Palmer would be a great mentor to a young QB and a very good stop-gap for us until our drafted QB is ready to hit the field. I see no issue whatsoever with going after him.

You ask what he can do that Alex can't? Well, first of all, he can consistently throw more TDs than INTs. He is capable of being an elite QB and he has proven it in the past. I don't know what the problem is right now, but he's not playing as well as he used to. That being the case, he's still a lot better than what we have.

Stop reaching for excuses.

I don't even know if Palmer is better than Smith in all honesty. Smith is younger and healthier. Palmer has been in the same system for years, and has some really talented guys on Offense, and he still sucks. In fact, last year Alex played almost as good as Palmer, and Alex had the worst OC in the entire league. Palmer should not be brought in here, period, dude sucks.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

This would not anger me.

While I agree

its gonna cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We have the room. We need to make a bold move.

$$$ for a garbage QB that hasnt done anything but suck in 3 years
how smart..

As bad as you make him out to be, he's still been better than Alex Smith. He was better last year, he's better this year. While he may not be a top-5 QB anymore, he is far more talented than what we have and would be an upgrade.

I swear every time someone suggests a player that's better than what we have, somebody else has to come in b*tching about it and using any reason they can think of to say we don't need them. What a joke.

Palmer would be a great mentor to a young QB and a very good stop-gap for us until our drafted QB is ready to hit the field. I see no issue whatsoever with going after him.

You ask what he can do that Alex can't? Well, first of all, he can consistently throw more TDs than INTs. He is capable of being an elite QB and he has proven it in the past. I don't know what the problem is right now, but he's not playing as well as he used to. That being the case, he's still a lot better than what we have.

Stop reaching for excuses.

I don't even know if Palmer is better than Smith in all honesty. Smith is younger and healthier. Palmer has been in the same system for years, and has some really talented guys on Offense, and he still sucks. In fact, last year Alex played almost as good as Palmer, and Alex had the worst OC in the entire league. Palmer should not be brought in here, period, dude sucks.

The Bengals are one of the teams that I think might be interested in Alex Smith to compete with Palmer next season.
Man that would be great... I mean, he's up there in age, but that would solve the QB issue for a few season's and give us a real chance to do some damage in the NFL.
  • dj43
Palmer is one notch above Smith in rating right now and he has Ocho and TO. He hasn't played well at all since his knee injury. He is different than Smith but is not producing any better.
Originally posted by dj43:
Palmer is one notch above Smith in rating right now and he has Ocho and TO. He hasn't played well at all since his knee injury. He is different than Smith but is not producing any better.

Palmer is an interesting guy. I really don't know whether to take him or not. When the guy is on, he is on fire. But he is also prone to playing like complete crap. He tries to take too many risks instead of just executing. I've always preferred efficiency over big plays in my QBs. Also, he will be 31 next year with a knee and elbow that have been seriously injured....

Depends on how much he costs for me

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 22, 2010 at 02:10:41 ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by dj43:

Palmer is an interesting guy. I really don't know whether to take him or not. When the guy is on, he is on fire. But he is also prone to playing like complete crap. He tries to take too many risks instead of just executing. I've always preferred efficiency over big plays in my QBs. Also, he will be 31 next year with a knee and elbow that have been seriously injured....

Depends on how much he costs for me

You're going to pay for him?! YAY that means we can sign our other players instead.......

This would not anger me.

Me like
Originally posted by Constantine:
Man that would be great... I mean, he's up there in age, but that would solve the QB issue for a few season's and give us a real chance to do some damage in the NFL.
u mean to do some damage to our team...even alex hasnt thrown ugly interceptions at the end of a game so far if we were leading. u are a very bad troll...
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Change of scenery could help Palmer. I agree he's not playing well this season but at least he's been to the pro bowl. We get him and a QB in the draft we'll be in good shape.

not high on Palmer
If he can't win in Cinn, why would SF be any diffrent? The conditions are similar if not worst.
Would definitely take him next year (also draft a QB in the high rounds).
Since I doubt Smith returns to the team next year, this is probably the best player available right now.
Pick up Palmer and draft Locker/Luck would be an awesome off season move. Off course a new coach like Harbaugh/Gruden would also be nice.
Share 49ersWebzone