LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Jcool:
Just saw that on ESPN, one of Mort and Schefter headlines. Said he could use the retirement card to force a trade and his wife is from California, so SF could be a place he could end up.

they said his wife is from san francisco. He could easily go to seattle with his old coach too.
do it.
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:
Just saw that on ESPN, one of Mort and Schefter headlines. Said he could use the retirement card to force a trade and his wife is from California, so SF could be a place he could end up.

they said his wife is from san francisco. He could easily go to seattle with his old coach too.

that is a good point bro.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out...and if he goes somewhere else, if he can get back to playing good football.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ea_thegreat:

They already have a veteran QB in Seattle, granted he is a FA, but might be easier to resign him then trade for Palmer.
Anybody watch him enough the past few years to think Palmer to SF would be a good idea? He was damn good a few years ago and was poised to be on the level of Brady and Manning. But since he got injured in 2008 he hasn't been the same, and he's been mediocre to bad the past two years. Is this a guy Harbaugh could coach up to his ability?
We should definitely try going after him. Let Palmer play 1-2 years as the starter while a rookie sits and learns. That, and maybe a change of scenery would do him good too.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Anybody watch him enough the past few years to think Palmer to SF would be a good idea? He was damn good a few years ago and was poised to be on the level of Brady and Manning. But since he got injured in 2008 he hasn't been the same, and he's been mediocre to bad the past two years. Is this a guy Harbaugh could coach up to his ability?

I like the odds, but will he we have to trade for him or will they release him? I like our chances better at acquiring him if he was a free agent. I could see Seattle or AZ offering high picks for him.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
do it.
Man I hope the cba gets done! I'd gladly give a 2nd pick for him. If no new cba no way we'll get him, they're not gonna trade for next year.

Palmer played great against San Diego without the distractions of Owens and ocho. I challenge any qb to put up elite numbers playing Pittsburgh and Baltimore twice a year. He's done a great job considering.
absolutely do it.

ive known his wife since we were 6 years old. her family has lived down the street from mine for 25 years. (San Jose)

Met Carson a bunch of times. Really loves the Bay Area and really nice guy. Would love to see him come here.

I would rather have him than McNabb.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:

bydavidwhite David White

Given weak QB free agent and draft class, could be a long line and high asking price. @kook8824: @bydavidwhite maybe he go to the #49ers?"

Quote:

mortreport Chris Mortensen

The story on Palmer seeking trade: http://tinyurl.com/4nxowm7
Do it once the cba is fixed
But but, Alex Smith is our only option.

He's got SOO much potential. lol
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I'd give a 3rd this year and a late pick in 2012 for him
Share 49ersWebzone