LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Palmer sucks now, he has looked like s**t.
Originally posted by epdavis:
If Palmer keeps playing like he is I strongly believe the Bengals will move on next yr. Palmer could be a good pick up as a stop gap QB while we groom our new QB of the future (please God let it be Luck). I saw the Bengals play every week when I lived in Ohio & for a while Palmer was in the discussion of best QB behind Manning & Brady. I have absolutely no idea what is wrong with him now but I have to think it is the surgeries he has had. Maybe a change of scenery, coming back out west, & a 1st rd. QB playing behind him will reignite that fire and we get the old Palmer (or even 75% of what he used to be) for just a season or two.

Rather have Vick
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Bengals won't get rid of Palmer, unless they have a replacement and neither JT O'Sullivan or Jordan Palmer are it.

JTO is in San Diego, it doesnt really matter cuz your point is still true, im just sayin

JTO is on bengals dude look it up
Carson Palmer has been awful. Smith is way better than Palmer. Yes, you read that correctly. If you think otherwise, you suck at evaluating talent. And no, I don't think Smith is the answer either... but Carson Palmer... are you watching him you guys? Jesus H!!!
Originally posted by YorkHater:
Bengals won't get rid of Palmer, unless they have a replacement and neither JT O'Sullivan or Jordan Palmer are it.

JTO is in San Diego, it doesnt really matter cuz your point is still true, im just sayin

You're right. It seems a lot of clueless fools who routinely talk out of their bottom post on this board. And I don't see how anyone could want Palmer as our QB after watching him last season and now this season. He has been atrocious.

He's on the Chargers, genius.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

You're right. It seems a lot of clueless fools who routinely talk out of their bottom post on this board. And I don't see how anyone could want Palmer as our QB after watching him last season and now this season. He has been atrocious.

Ironic
Pass.

Palmer isn't even a top 20 QB anymore. Is he better than Smith? Probably but he isn't a franchise QB at all and is prone to making really stupid decisions with the ball.

JTO is on the chargers..
hey look hes on the chargers
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:

Ironic

Lol

• Shifty
  • Veteran
I would like him as a stop gap solution. He looks pretty bad though, not Alex Smith bad but bad
Carson Palmer is awful. hes like Alex Smith but older and with crap knees.
Rather trade for Kolb or try to signVick
Some of you guys haven't watched much of Carson Palmer the past two years have you? There is very little upside going from Smith to Palmer. Palmer continues to be one of the most overrated QBs in the league.

Fact is, he simply hasn't been the same QB since that knee injury he suffered.

[ Edited by Schulzy on Oct 17, 2010 at 22:02:32 ]
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Pick up Palmer and draft a QB high in the draft.

Palmer starts and mentors for two years, then young QB becomes starter.

This would not anger me.

While I agree

its gonna cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We have the room. We need to make a bold move.

$$$ for a garbage QB that hasnt done anything but suck in 3 years
how smart..

As bad as you make him out to be, he's still been better than Alex Smith. He was better last year, he's better this year. While he may not be a top-5 QB anymore, he is far more talented than what we have and would be an upgrade.

I swear every time someone suggests a player that's better than what we have, somebody else has to come in b*tching about it and using any reason they can think of to say we don't need them. What a joke.

Palmer would be a great mentor to a young QB and a very good stop-gap for us until our drafted QB is ready to hit the field. I see no issue whatsoever with going after him.

You ask what he can do that Alex can't? Well, first of all, he can consistently throw more TDs than INTs. He is capable of being an elite QB and he has proven it in the past. I don't know what the problem is right now, but he's not playing as well as he used to. That being the case, he's still a lot better than what we have.

Stop reaching for excuses.
Share 49ersWebzone