LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Pick up Palmer and draft a QB high in the draft.

Palmer starts and mentors for two years, then young QB becomes starter.

This would not anger me.

While I agree

its gonna cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

We have the room. We need to make a bold move.

$$$ for a garbage QB that hasnt done anything but suck in 3 years
how smart..

In the last 3 yrs. plus so far this yr. Palmer has accounted for 60 tds. to 43 ints. one of those seasons he only played 4 games the next he was coming back from a major surgery, still even with that said are the #'s great no but they are way better than anything we have gotten from Smith and far from trash without a doubt. Also I don't think we would have to spend big $ on a 30+ yr. old QB coming of a bad season.

[ Edited by epdavis on Oct 11, 2010 at 14:58:05 ]
are u kidding me??? palmer sucks this season...did u really see his games??? no sorry, i would rather go one year back and trade for mcnabb than only think a second about hiring carson palmer...
i understand the disappointment about smith but that goes too far...if mr palmer could take a seat on the bench from day one without a bad word, ok. but i dont wanna see him starting here. period.

[ Edited by communist on Oct 11, 2010 at 15:31:38 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Palmer is pretty bad right now, he's not the same player he was before the injury.

This would not anger me.

While I agree

we might have the cap space...yes but space in the Yorkie Dorkies wallets...not going to happen...

make the bold move....hell fcuking yes.
I'd smash.
Originally posted by communist:
are u kidding me??? palmer sucks this season...did u really see his games??? no sorry, i would rather go one year back and trade for mcnabb than only think a second about hiring carson palmer...
i understand the disappointment about smith but that goes too far...if mr palmer could take a seat on the bench from day one without a bad word, ok. but i dont wanna see him starting here. period.

Originally posted by susweel:
Palmer is pretty bad right now, he's not the same player he was before the injury.

like ive been saying all page 1...

This would not anger me.

While I agree

I think the Nate Clements signing may have scared the ownership.
he might be worse than Alex Smith at this point, just look at the stats if you haven't seen him play lately
Originally posted by znk916:
he might be worse than Alex Smith at this point, just look at the stats if you haven't seen him play lately

Alot of Palmers Ints have bounced off his wr;s though

Are you saying compare Palmer's stats to Smith's?
Smith: 6 TD's 9 INT's - Palmer: 7 TD's 6 INT's
Smith: 0 wins - Palmer: 2 wins (and don't say the Bengals have more talent)

Once again I acknowledge that Palmer has looked bad this yr. and has not been the same since surgery, my main argument is that a change of scenery especially going back home to Cali could rejuvenate him, if only for a couple seasons. Of course it is no guarantee if it was there would be no chance in hell he would be available. Some people on this board kill me they b***h about wanting to win but don't want to take any risks, they say no to McNabb, no to Vick what do you people want a team to give us a franchise QB? You better believe if a QB is available there is a risk involved otherwise he would NOT BE AVAILABLE teams do not get rid of franchise QB's.

[ Edited by epdavis on Oct 11, 2010 at 18:38:07 ]

why dont we just go pick up a Elite QB like Chris Wienke?
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by epdavis:

Are you saying compare Palmer's stats to Smith's?
Smith: 6 TD's 9 INT's - Palmer: 7 TD's 6 INT's
Smith: 0 wins - Palmer: 2 wins (and don't say the Bengals have more talent)
right, they dont have more talent because they have a lot of established players whom every defense have to go for on every down...the bengals have a working running game, a very good o-line, a TALENTED tight end and at to/ocho...and palmer still sucks.
we have a o-line which can pass protect sometimes but cant open any holes for gore. until the eagles game we had NO reliable receiver whom the opp defenses had to go for. even davis was out of any range in the first games.
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

This would not anger me.

While I agree

$$$ for a garbage QB that hasnt done anything but suck in 3 years
how smart..

[ Edited by NineFourNiner on Oct 12, 2010 at 07:54:50 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Bengals won't get rid of Palmer, unless they have a replacement and neither JT O'Sullivan or Jordan Palmer are it.
Share 49ersWebzone