There are 176 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Bengals won't get rid of Palmer, unless they have a replacement and neither JT O'Sullivan or Jordan Palmer are it.

JTO is in San Diego, it doesnt really matter cuz your point is still true, im just sayin
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
At this rate, we'll have a top 5 pick. So your wish of drafting Luck might come true. I'm okay with Palmer should he become a Niner. I've pretty much given up on A. Smith at this point in his 6th year...ran out of excuses for his poor throws and decision-making.

________

We'll need the #1 overall pick to get Luck. He is the unquestioned #1 pick. Nobody in college football is close to him as a prospect...especially at that position. I realize the pessimism on this forum...but we won't have the #1 pick. Trading up is too costly for a team with QB, CB and potential OLB needs.

Unfortunately, I think Luck will be a Bill. They are worse than us (yes, that is true) and may very well go winless. Plus they have huge QB needs. They have little incentive to trade out of the #1 spot.

Trading up is never too costly if it does indeed net a franchise QB. I would give an entire draft away in a heart beat for a true elite franchise QB. The only problem is, the uncertainty of the draft. IMO if we are in the top 5, we should be doing whats needed to move up to 1 if Luck comes out.

Good thing is the Rams, Carolina, Detroit, Seattle, and Denver either already have their guy at QB, or will not be in a position to make the move to #1 (Seattle will not have the picks needed to move up if they aren't #1)

IMO the only teams we really need to worry about is the Browns or Bills. I think Holmgren would love to get Luck on his team and obviously the Bills have garbage at QB, however they have sooooooooo many holes that they may be willing to trade out of #1 for a nice package of picks.

[ Edited by WINiner on Oct 12, 2010 at 09:59:42 ]
Palmer's contract goes to 2014. It was such a huge extension and I don't see them getting rid of him unless they can get a king's ransom for him. It's just not their style. Their owner is scared to change and is cheap as Hell.

Marvin Lewis is on his last year and I fully expect them to blame him and get an offensive coach to try and resurrect Palmer's career.
Ewww, the bum has the best WR situation in the entire NFL and he isn't stacking PB numbers. DO NOT WANT!
  • titan
  • Veteran
That's a way more expensive Alex Smith!
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
id rather have alex smith

palmers garbage

lol

Id rather have Mike Vick then Palmer
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

I would rather have "insert free agent QB here" than Palmer. Dude went from strong arm to Pennington without the accuracy. But a lot of people here seem to be happy on what he has done over the past 3 years lol.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:

I would rather have "insert free agent QB here" than Palmer. Dude went from strong arm to Pennington without the accuracy. But a lot of people here seem to be happy on what he has done over the past 3 years lol.

Hes been average at BEST in the past 3 years
So you want to replace one bust with another??? Id rather just start fresh or Mike Vick but that just wishful thinking.

Palmer, Smith, and Luck ??..Sounds great to me..
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Palmer, Smith, and Luck ??..Sounds great to me..

Which Smith???
= A lil better A smith
C. PALMER AINT THE ANSWER, BUT MIGHT GET A LITTLE FARTHER IN THE EQUATION THAN A. SMITH. GOOD QB IS LIKE A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH... FAITH
Originally posted by MadeFan:
C. PALMER AINT THE ANSWER, BUT MIGHT GET A LITTLE FARTHER IN THE EQUATION THAN A. SMITH. GOOD QB IS LIKE A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH... FAITH

Turn....off....capslock
Share 49ersWebzone