LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 296 users in the forums

Brandon Lloyd

Shop 49ers game tickets

Lloyd protraying Denzel Washington in "Training Day."
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Lloyd protraying Denzel Washington in "Training Day."

That's wack
Lloyd has been a beast on my fantasy teams.
It's possible I can't spell, but I couldn't find him under the search function.

Anyway, I was watching NFL Total Access and I couldn't believe that it was showing Brandon Llyod as the leading reciever in the NFL. WTF? Did I see that right...

SOB, we don't know how to spot and develop talent.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 23, 2010 at 08:10:50 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
His name is spelled Lloyd not Llyod
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
His name is spelled Lloyd not Llyod

I guess that would explain why I couldn't find it under the search function...
Its Mcdaniels and that spread offense. Denver has just been chucking the ball early this year. And with Moreno Back now I expect those numbers to come down a bit. But Mcdaniels is dialing up the passing game like he did in NE with Brady.

Lloyd is just a product of the system. Even his fellow teammate Jabar Gafney looks good right now.

Gafney stats

37 rec. 408yds 11.0 avg 1 td

Lloyd stats

34 rec. 663 yds 19.5 avg 3 tds

By comparison our #1 WR Crabtree

24 rec 301 yds 12.5 avg 2 tds

Neither Gafney or Lloyd is better than Crabs but they are sure used a lot more. Teams will start to double Lloyd and his numbers will fall back to earth. He cant consistently beat double teams.

We just dont pass the ball enough IMHO, especially down the field.

[ Edited by Dominate on Oct 23, 2010 at 07:48:27 ]
Ive been meaning to bring this up, Lloyd is having an outstanding season, im happy for him.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Ive been meaning to bring this up, Lloyd is having an outstanding season, im happy for him.

Do you think this means he will abandon his rap career? I really was anticipating his first single....LOL
Yet another thread about B Lloyd and his incredible season.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dominate:

We're 8th in pass attempts per game. The problem is we're 23rd in average per pass. Coaching and every player on offense is a contributing factor to those numbers.

Lloyd always had the talent, maybe he just finally grew up. I always got the impression his problem was attitude. He can certainly make those tough catches.

That said, I don't think anyone could have predicted that he would ever produce like he is. He's 29 years old, 8th year in the league, and he only caught 59 passes during the 4 other seasons since we traded him. It'll be interesting to see his numbers at seasons end.

BTW, Denver is 4th in pass attempts per game. Difference is, they're also 4th in average per pass. I hope Clements gets some good rest during his week off and heals up.
Denver actually has a modern Offense. Scheme is everything nowadays.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wodwo:

We're 8th in pass attempts per game. The problem is we're 23rd in average per pass. Coaching and every player on offense is a contributing factor to those numbers.

Lloyd always had the talent, maybe he just finally grew up. I always got the impression his problem was attitude. He can certainly make those tough catches.

That said, I don't think anyone could have predicted that he would ever produce like he is. He's 29 years old, 8th year in the league, and he only caught 59 passes during the 4 other seasons since we traded him. It'll be interesting to see his numbers at seasons end.

BTW, Denver is 4th in pass attempts per game. Difference is, they're also 4th in average per pass. I hope Clements gets some good rest during his week off and heals up.

On the field, the only thing ever holding Lloyd back was his fear of taking a big hit. With the helmet to helmet rules dialed down and now this new rule which basically prevents any big hits, I see Lloyd continuing his good season. In terms of pure catching skills, the guy is one of the best in the NFL.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Yet another thread about B Lloyd and his incredible season.

i would love for somebody to knock him out of the game when we play in harry potter land
Originally posted by Wodwo:

Those numbers are skewed because we dont start to pass until we are down 3 scores. Then the defense knows its coming and sits on the deep routes. We need to pass to obtain the lead. Not to play catch up.
Share 49ersWebzone