There are 266 users in the forums

Lott gave a motivational speech to the saints before the game

Shop 49ers game tickets
This is the third thread about this!! People, Ronnie Lott does not owe you or the Niners anything. Calm down, breathe easy and relax.

You remind me of a guy I used to know. He would get rid of a g/f and then, when he saw her a few months later with another guy he would get mad! Eventually he admitted that he believed that after going out with him women should give it up and spend the rest of their lives in a convent!

But of all the players who have no reason to be ashamed of their commitment to SF both during and since playing, you guys throw your toys out of your pram about Ronnie Lott!! Ronnie Lott!!

Hope he doesn't read the threads here!!
Originally posted by BIGDOGG42:
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Hold judgment until you provide a link or source. I love Ronnie Lott.

they talked about it on MNF, i am sure im not the only person that heard it. on that thought, f**k him

He is a 49ers All pro Hall of Fame legend.

Much Respect.

To dis Ronnie is like dissing Joe or Jerry.

I don't like he talked to the Aint's but by no means will I condemn him

they talked about it on MNF, i am sure im not the only person that heard it. on that thought, f**k him

I heard it and posted it. What a jerk!! For home game!!!
Originally posted by Digger25:
Originally posted by danimal:
unless ronnie gets a paycheck signed by jed york, who cares? ronnie owes us nothing. if he were truly appreciated by this organization, he would be brought in to do "motivational speeches" or give coaching tips to our DBs-which i think he has (mays). if anything, we owe ronnie and any other great niner from the past. again, this is the front office not keeping history as a part of our present and future. a man has got to eat and feed his family, if he was paid, good for him. like someone mentioned, maybe singletary should have asked first.

oh sorry, i forgot he was playing for the niners for free. I cant believe you think there is nothing wrong with that, thats the most low class thing ive ever heard a player do. what ever happend to loyalty?

so, let's look at this in another way. i worked for HP for 25 years and retired. years later, Apple calls me up and wants me to introduce the new iMac at a convention. they offer me money to do so.

by accepting this offer, i am a low class person?

i don't really follow what you are saying in bold? if he was a current player, and he gave a speech to the other team (saints) before the game, then yes, not cool, but that is not the case. ronnie has been retired for years! so what if he gave a speech. again, the niners should have beat payton to the punch and hired him to give us a speech. also, again, if our organization truly appreciated our past heroes, then why not show it and bring them in. ronnie owes the niners nothing.

let's also not forget that after the raider game (with ronnie on that team), he had to come from the raiders locker room and into the niner locker room to help keep haley from killing steve young. this is during his playing years. you think the raiders thought much of that?

With HP throwing a big Birthday bash in the same building is does make you a bit of a douche.

But, in this case, since Rice does the same thing to the Niners, it makes Ronnie less of a douche.

is it my birthday party, or HP's? LOL!

i still dont see the douchery in all this. i served 25 years as an HP employee, staying loyal to them all those years. they force early retirement on me (rice, lott, montana) and i take it.

YEARS later i give a speech at apple and get paid (i need cash) and i am still a douche?

I should have been more clear.

The timing is what make it douche baggish. Ronnie and the Saints could have hooked up and do this anyother week, anyother place. The Saints players would have gotten their motivational speech, and Ronnie would have gotten whatever Ronnie got. But they chose to do it in SF, Niners Home Opener, With a Franchise Niner being honored. Thats where the douchiness lays.

Also, BTW, I use the term douchebag when I can understand and even agree with the basis of someones actions, but don't particularly agree with the way it is carried out.

So I am not being highly critical here.

To build on English's example of ex girlfriends. Yeah I will move on with my life and date somebody else, but I am not going to go out of my way to arrange our date to coincide on my Ex's Birthday at the place I know she is having a party.

Does that make sense?
unless ronnie gets a paycheck signed by jed york, who cares? ronnie owes us nothing. if he were truly appreciated by this organization, he would be brought in to do "motivational speeches" or give coaching tips to our DBs-which i think he has (mays). if anything, we owe ronnie and any other great niner from the past. again, this is the front office not keeping history as a part of our present and future. a man has got to eat and feed his family, if he was paid, good for him. like someone mentioned, maybe singletary should have asked first.

oh sorry, i forgot he was playing for the niners for free. I cant believe you think there is nothing wrong with that, thats the most low class thing ive ever heard a player do. what ever happend to loyalty?

so, let's look at this in another way. i worked for HP for 25 years and retired. years later, Apple calls me up and wants me to introduce the new iMac at a convention. they offer me money to do so.

i don't really follow what you are saying in bold? if he was a current player, and he gave a speech to the other team (saints) before the game, then yes, not cool, but that is not the case. ronnie has been retired for years! so what if he gave a speech. again, the niners should have beat payton to the punch and hired him to give us a speech. also, again, if our organization truly appreciated our past heroes, then why not show it and bring them in. ronnie owes the niners nothing.

let's also not forget that after the raider game (with ronnie on that team), he had to come from the raiders locker room and into the niner locker room to help keep haley from killing steve young. this is during his playing years. you think the raiders thought much of that?

With HP throwing a big Birthday bash in the same building is does make you a bit of a douche.

But, in this case, since Rice does the same thing to the Niners, it makes Ronnie less of a douche.

i still dont see the douchery in all this. i served 25 years as an HP employee, staying loyal to them all those years. they force early retirement on me (rice, lott, montana) and i take it.

YEARS later i give a speech at apple and get paid (i need cash) and i am still a douche?

The timing is what make it douche baggish. Ronnie and the Saints could have hooked up and do this anyother week, anyother place. The Saints players would have gotten their motivational speech, and Ronnie would have gotten whatever Ronnie got. But they chose to do it in SF, Niners Home Opener, With a Franchise Niner being honored. Thats where the douchiness lays.

Also, BTW, I use the term douchebag when I can understand and even agree with the basis of someones actions, but don't particularly agree with the way it is carried out.

To build on English's example of ex girlfriends. Yeah I will move on with my life and date somebody else, but I am not going to go out of my way to arrange our date to coincide on my Ex's Birthday at the place I know she is having a party.

Does that make sense?

LOL! totally.

Does that make sense?

LOL! totally.

thats the whole point i was trying to make. nicely said

he did. You will encounter a source sooner than later

I don't think its a big deal. I think the key question is did he get paid? If he got paid, thats no different from when he took game checks from the Jets.

Painful to read
I don't care if he got paid or not, that's not the point
If your wife had sex with another guy, would you take it easy if you knew she was paid for ?
"oh OK honey it's all business then"
Would that be your response ?
Don't think so ...

We let him go to the Raiders. We let Montana go to the Chiefs, we let JR go to the Raiders and wouldn't even bring him back. Instead we were blessed with HOFer Johnny Morton. Stay classy San Diego.

In the end I'm sure Lott is a big boy and understands that ultimately the NFL is a business. Maybe so should we. IMO, this organization has done it's best to take a dump on it's past stars. Maybe we can have Chuck Liddell and Bush's old press secretary come back in. Maybe we should invite Tony Robbins.

Loyalty is kinda of a mutual thing...nothing to see here folks.
I believe Ronnie Lott appears on the morning show for KNBR every Friday. He seems like he is generally rooting for the 49ers when you listen to him.

I can't wait to hear the interview this week and him explaining himself.

Giving a motivation speech to another team is fine, but to give it to a team right before they play against your former team sounds very odd....

[ Edited by smithgdwg on Sep 21, 2010 at 21:25:37 ]
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Originally posted by BobS:
No problem, The 49ers let him go and he went on to play for the Raiders and Jets. The 49ers were not loyal to him, so why shouldn't he return the favor?

you're right, he's allowed to do what he wants, and as fans we are well within our right to blast him for doing a classless move, friend of sean payton or not.

Having read the first page of this thread I was ashamed to see Niners fans saying "F Ronnie Lott."

That's pathetic.
Who the f**k cares! Having said that, Murph and Mac better call him out.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
pathetic, i lost a lot of respect for lott..

Word. Him and Jerry both need there nuts kicked until they bleed red and gold.
So what?????? He is qualified to speak to champions and the Saints are the champions representing a city which was devistated. He is more than qualified to speak about the love of the game and what it means to be blessed to play and represent one's self as champions. This is really not a discussion that he can have with the current 49ers organization that has all but isolated itself from its history. The current organization has not earned; or maybe even deserve such.
Lott is a former great player. Lott was also rude to me during a signing. I am and will always be a Niner fan. Dwight Clark is a great former player and is a people person. Dwight had no problem signing autographs and having photos taken.
Share 49ersWebzone