LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 288 users in the forums

Lott gave a motivational speech to the saints before the game

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by danimal:
Hold judgment until you provide a link or source. I love Ronnie Lott.

he did. You will encounter a source sooner than later

I don't think its a big deal. I think the key question is did he get paid? If he got paid, thats no different from when he took game checks from the Jets.
Originally posted by susweel:
Maybe if Singletary asked he would have gave our team one also.
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/Saints-Bring-In-Ronnie-Lott-Against-49ers-103306014.html

I think it is more classless on the Saints part
So now it's f@ck Ronnie Lott and Jerry Rice? You guys are pathetic. You guys must under 21 years old. Who cares they are still legends and made most of you Niner fans.
Originally posted by danimal:
Hold judgment until you provide a link or source. I love Ronnie Lott.

he did. You will encounter a source sooner than later

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/09/21/3044509/49ers-notes-rices-jersey-retired.html

"Lott inspires – That former 49ers great Lott had an inspirational pregame speech is not surprising. His audience, however, did raise eyebrows in the Bay Area."

there you go
unless ronnie gets a paycheck signed by jed york, who cares? ronnie owes us nothing. if he were truly appreciated by this organization, he would be brought in to do "motivational speeches" or give coaching tips to our DBs-which i think he has (mays). if anything, we owe ronnie and any other great niner from the past. again, this is the front office not keeping history as a part of our present and future. a man has got to eat and feed his family, if he was paid, good for him. like someone mentioned, maybe singletary should have asked first.
Originally posted by Digger25:
unless ronnie gets a paycheck signed by jed york, who cares? ronnie owes us nothing. if he were truly appreciated by this organization, he would be brought in to do "motivational speeches" or give coaching tips to our DBs-which i think he has (mays). if anything, we owe ronnie and any other great niner from the past. again, this is the front office not keeping history as a part of our present and future. a man has got to eat and feed his family, if he was paid, good for him. like someone mentioned, maybe singletary should have asked first.

oh sorry, i forgot he was playing for the niners for free. I cant believe you think there is nothing wrong with that, thats the most low class thing ive ever heard a player do. what ever happend to loyalty?
Originally posted by Daniel2778:

oh sorry, i forgot he was playing for the niners for free. I cant believe you think there is nothing wrong with that, thats the most low class thing ive ever heard a player do. what ever happend to loyalty?

So if he's friends with Sean Payton, wouldn't that show disloyalty to his friend?
Its not surprising considering Singletary wants to be the only one giving his Martin Luther King speeches to the team.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Its not surprising considering Singletary wants to be the only one giving his Martin Luther King speeches to the team.

Yah he loves the sound of his own voice.

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for BETTERDAYZ9ERS.

Ask Montana that when he got to Kansas City. The NFL is a business. Lott has been out of the league for years and he might need the money. s**t, this guy cut his finger off to play for us and you want to talk about loyalty?
didn't Rice give Seattle some motivational speaking the week of the Niners game, or was that in the pre season.

so, let's look at this in another way. i worked for HP for 25 years and retired. years later, Apple calls me up and wants me to introduce the new iMac at a convention. they offer me money to do so.

by accepting this offer, i am a low class person?

i don't really follow what you are saying in bold? if he was a current player, and he gave a speech to the other team (saints) before the game, then yes, not cool, but that is not the case. ronnie has been retired for years! so what if he gave a speech. again, the niners should have beat payton to the punch and hired him to give us a speech. also, again, if our organization truly appreciated our past heroes, then why not show it and bring them in. ronnie owes the niners nothing.

let's also not forget that after the raider game (with ronnie on that team), he had to come from the raiders locker room and into the niner locker room to help keep haley from killing steve young. this is during his playing years. you think the raiders thought much of that?

Ask Montana that when he got to Kansas City. The NFL is a business. Lott has been out of the league for years and he might need the money. s**t, this guy cut his finger off to play for us and you want to talk about loyalty?

THIS
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

So if he's friends with Sean Payton, wouldn't that show disloyalty to his friend?

you sean payton didnt pay your paycheck for years, you didnt win 4 rings bc of sean payton. he was inducted in the HOF as a niner, do you see any other HOF's giving speeches for other teams? i dont
Share 49ersWebzone