There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Taylor Mays traded to the Bengals

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by mayo63:
He should be starting. Lewis is too slow and too slow to react. Mays can make up on alot of things with his speed.

Taylor is still honing his coverage skills. Lewis won't be losing his starting job anytime soon.

Agreed, at least not this year.
last sunday he missed alot of tackles on ST, if he can step it up and lay Reggie bush(who will be too busy crying over his heisman trophy) the f**k out,then I will consider him starting over Michael "I get burnt and concussions" Lewis. with that said I think he will start by week 12... that is if lewis isnt injured by then
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Wasted pick. If he were even half way decent, he'd be starting over M Lewis. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm expecting ZERO impact from him (sucks cuz he's a 2nd round pick).

WTF? Since when have the 9ers started a rookie safety in the last 10 years? Sing isn't going to do that because he's worried a rookie will miss an assignment and get burnt. He probably would do a better job than Mike Lewis because he's atleast fast enough to tackle a guy but they're not going to give him a chance until atleast the last 1/2 of the season.
It wouldnt hurt even to throw him in on a dime package, when the opposition is running hurry up / 2 min drill. Hes shown strong instincts for hitting recievers out of bounds... which helps when balls are headed twoards the sidelines...
Originally posted by eastbay9erfn:
It wouldnt hurt even to throw him in on a dime package, when the opposition is running hurry up / 2 min drill. Hes shown strong instincts for hitting recievers out of bounds... which helps when balls are headed twoards the sidelines...

didn't he only do that once
Wasted pick. If he were even half way decent, he'd be starting over M Lewis. I'd love to be wrong, but I'm expecting ZERO impact from him (sucks cuz he's a 2nd round pick).

He fell to the second round... kiper and afew others hand him ranked 2nd overall safety. I think singletary is hard headed as far as giving rookies playtime or credit.. the only reason the lineman started is because our line has been questionable for a long time (aside from bright spots like staley and larry allen )

Excellent response. He should be starting I agree Sing is too old school. this kid would be an immediate upgrade. Sing is loyal to established Vets. it could cost us a lost.

You do not know football. he's our best prospect.
Originally posted by GoGetit:

you don't know football or listen to what's being reported from practices.....Mays is still lacking in coverage. that's a big liability in today's pass happy NFL.

you don't know football or listen to what's being reported from practices.....Mays is still lacking in coverage. that's a big liability in today's pass happy NFL.

Thank you.

The guy has zero ability to play the pass.

Thank you.

The guy has zero ability to play the pass.

you're welcome but I don't agree with you that he's a wasted pick. personally, I liked the pick.

In the short term, maybe he only has a special teams role and close to zero impact. But he's only played one game of his NFL career. Way too early to trash him IMHO.

A little early to say don't you think?

He fell to the second round... kiper and afew others hand him ranked 2nd overall safety. I think singletary is hard headed as far as giving rookies playtime or credit.. the only reason the lineman started is because our line has been questionable for a long time (aside from bright spots like staley and larry allen )

Excellent response. He should be starting I agree Sing is too old school. this kid would be an immediate upgrade. Sing is loyal to established Vets. it could cost us a lost.

you make no sense. in sings first game he put in rookie chilo rachal. in training camp he declared iupati and davis the starters. he isnt loyal to established vets, he just does what he thinks is best for the team, i know crazy concept.

His technique sucks, he needs much work. Why you are questioning someone else's football knowledge if you cannot see this?
Mays is not ready to play coverage wise. I look for him to start making plays in special teams. Maybe later on in the year we can see him in coverage but IMO Mays will the starter next year, next to Goldson or Smith