There are 216 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers....where would we be?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • tac22
  • Veteran
This vid makes me sad. Don't get me wrong, I am pumped for what we are going to do this season but there is no denying that QB is our biggest question mark...in a QB driven league

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5473874&categoryid=2378529

[ Edited by tac22 on Aug 18, 2010 at 20:12:35 ]
we'd be on our sixth ring.

[ Edited by Snider8706 on Aug 18, 2010 at 20:14:57 ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Not 6th ring but we'd definitely be in the playoffs
who knows? I'll admit that I had an "Aaron Rodgers Welcome Party" on that draft day, which turned into an "Alex Smith Disappointment Party," but its impossible to say that Rodgers would be just as good with us as he is with Green Bay. Entirely different situations. That's all in the past, Alex is our QB and this year is his chance to prove himself. That's all that matters now.
we'd be in the same boat...Nolan would have thrown him under the bus...

anyone that thinks different srsly underestimates how valuable it was for him to sit behind Favre and have continuity with an offensive minded head coach for...3 yrs...

[ Edited by Sinsation on Aug 18, 2010 at 22:10:57 ]
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

I hope Sixth could handle all of us
We would be a LOT better.
To say we'd be a "lot better" or getting our "sixth ring" simply due to drafting Rodgers over Smith is delusional.

You are saying, with a straight face, that if Rodgers had 2 major shoulder surgeries, 5 coordinators in 5 years, a crappy head coach, Lloyd and Fleck as his WRs (oh oh and don't forget the multi sport star Johnny Morton)...we'd be "MUCH" better or getting our 6th ring???

I think Rodgers would have better stats but the end result would be essentially the same. It would be the SAME sht with a different smell.

But hey...he'd have more 300 yard games.
You guys are insane. Spending 3 years behind a hall of famer and being thrown into the fire with a talentless group right off the bat is not comparable situations. Aaron Rodgers would have failed us..dont blame alex smith, blame nolan and the yorks.

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
You guys are insane. Spending 3 years behind a hall of famer and being thrown into the fire with a talentless group right off the bat is not comparable situations. Aaron Rodgers would have failed us..dont blame alex smith, blame nolan and the yorks.

cant believe i would ever agree with jose cortez lol. its gonna happen this year tho man, i think the bitter taste from the nolan era is gone and alex is ready to roll
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
To say we'd be a "lot better" or getting our "sixth ring" simply due to drafting Rodgers over Smith is delusional.

You are saying, with a straight face, that if Rodgers had 2 major shoulder surgeries, 5 coordinators in 5 years, a crappy head coach, Lloyd and Fleck as his WRs (oh oh and don't forget the multi sport star Johnny Morton)...we'd be "MUCH" better or getting our 6th ring???

I think Rodgers would have better stats but the end result would be essentially the same. It would be the SAME sht with a different smell.

It's so sad to see such hard football fanatics that post so much on a forum that cannot clearly see a better talent. I mean common man, regardless of situations, Aaron Rodgers throws the ball so much harder and so much more accurate than Alex.

Im not talking about excuses, brett favre, 3 years sitting, starting when you aren't ready, shoulder surgeries, different coordinators, poor OL..Im talking stragith ability to throw a football. He is leagues ahead of Alex in that department. and at a position like quarterback, it's kinda important.
Originally posted by Chief:
Why do you have to bring this up?
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

It's so sad to see such hard football fanatics that post so much on a forum that cannot clearly see a better talent. I mean common man, regardless of situations, Aaron Rodgers throws the ball so much harder and so much more accurate than Alex.

Im not talking about excuses, brett favre, 3 years sitting, starting when you aren't ready, shoulder surgeries, different coordinators, poor OL..Im talking stragith ability to throw a football. He is leagues ahead of Alex in that department. and at a position like quarterback, it's kinda important.

When will people learn that arm strength does not equate to being a good quarterback.

[ Edited by JoseCortez on Aug 18, 2010 at 22:45:34 ]
Share 49ersWebzone