There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Chances Nate Davis Gets Significant Time As Starter

Chances Nate Davis Gets Significant Time As Starter

Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
This is a ridiculous thread. Just a few days ago Sing said Davis wasn't coming along as fast as they would like. Nate Davis himself admitted that he doesn't have a grasp of the playbook and gets left and right mixed up when calling plays. He isn't ready. Period. Give it a rest.

Smith will be starting and Carr will be #2. Davis has a lot of work to do even to challenge Carr for the #2 spot. Deal with it and move on.

Thread came before the comments from Sing. My opinion on the situation has changed since i started the thread. Now I think Smith is going to be an above average QB in the league this year. But earlier on I was far less convinced.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,313
Alex Smith, by all accounts, is really bright and has had trouble learning all of the nuances of the different offenses in one years time.

Nate Davis does not appear to be particularly bright, but you think he will be able to do it? Since indications are that he is already struggled in that regard, I have no idea where you are coming from.
  • dmatt
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,313
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:
This is a ridiculous thread. Just a few days ago Sing said Davis wasn't coming along as fast as they would like. Nate Davis himself admitted that he doesn't have a grasp of the playbook and gets left and right mixed up when calling plays. He isn't ready. Period. Give it a rest.

Smith will be starting and Carr will be #2. Davis has a lot of work to do even to challenge Carr for the #2 spot. Deal with it and move on.

What really has me concerned with Davis is his explanation of his learning disability and mixing up right and left. I don't think that is dyslexia. It sounds more like not knowing your plays to me. Over the years, I saw a lot of people who had this problem. They generally were not the smartest guys on the team.
i know that this is my first post, but are we really talking about a third string quarterback as if he is the next coming of Joe? i mean really, this is a stupid thread about something completely uninteresting and dumb. he's a 5th round pick coming from ball st. sure he looked good in preseason against defense that are more vanilla than the ones played in the pro bowl, i get that, because he looked SUPER against those defenses he's gonna take us to that next level. I'm sorry, but that is the dumbest logic i have ever heard of...


i really don't have a reason for using this, i just always wanted to use one....
After reading the articles about the degree of Davis' dyslexia, I don't know if he'll ever be a starter. Wow!

If Alex Smith has a bad season this year, the Niners will be forced to draft a QB in 2011.....
  • Nyner
  • Member
  • Posts: 109
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
0%. I hope he's ready by next season if Alex can't step it up.

And 0% next year. He will not make it in the nfl.....that's my take.
Originally posted by Nyner:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
0%. I hope he's ready by next season if Alex can't step it up.

And 0% next year. He will not make it in the nfl.....that's my take.

Third-string quarterback Nate Davis saw a lot of action today. But it was quite apparent things did not move as smoothly with him on the field. He required a lot of assistance from offensive coordinator Jimmy Raye in getting some of the play calls relayed in the huddle. Several times, the team got to the line of scrimmage and had to regroup before they could run the play with Davis under center.

Read more: Maiocco: 49ers Final Minicamp Winds Down
Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story


http://www.csnbayarea.com/06/19/10/Maiocco-49ers-Final-Minicamp-Winds-Down/landing.html?full_args=06/19/10/Maiocco-49ers-Final-Minicamp-Winds-Down/landing&blockID=256811&feedID=5936
Originally posted by IstruckG0LDS0N:
i know that this is my first post, but are we really talking about a third string quarterback as if he is the next coming of Joe? i mean really, this is a stupid thread about something completely uninteresting and dumb. he's a 5th round pick coming from ball st. sure he looked good in preseason against defense that are more vanilla than the ones played in the pro bowl, i get that, because he looked SUPER against those defenses he's gonna take us to that next level. I'm sorry, but that is the dumbest logic i have ever heard of...


i really don't have a reason for using this, i just always wanted to use one....

Welcome to NT. This is pretty much how it goes during the quiet times! Just be glad you weren't here for the Great Smith v Hill Wars and the JTO battles.
7 pages?
I can feel about Nate Davis this year. I like him alot right now. I believe if he will be develop for quick a time and fast process for play games. I am glad the 49ers did good job that steal a draft Nate Davis.. I think, Nate David is play talent a qb better than alex smith? Possible?!?!.. I love Alex smith but if he is still struggle for offense or didn't make a playoff this yr. I will kick him ass out of here!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I can feel about Nate Davis this year. I like him alot right now. I believe if he will be develop for quick a time and fast process for play games. I am glad the 49ers did good job that steal a draft Nate Davis.. I think, Nate David is play talent a qb better than alex smith? Possible?!?!.. I love Alex smith but if he is still struggle for offense or didn't make a playoff this yr. I will kick him ass out of here!

you nailed it right on the button as per usual
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
I can feel about Nate Davis this year. I like him alot right now. I believe if he will be develop for quick a time and fast process for play games. I am glad the 49ers did good job that steal a draft Nate Davis.. I think, Nate David is play talent a qb better than alex smith? Possible?!?!.. I love Alex smith but if he is still struggle for offense or didn't make a playoff this yr. I will kick him ass out of here!

i love nate davis but he sucks
Originally posted by swim4speed:
After reading the articles about the degree of Davis' dyslexia, I don't know if he'll ever be a starter. Wow!

If Alex Smith has a bad season this year, the Niners will be forced to draft a QB in 2011.....

If Smith flops, we'll likely be having a top 10 pick and we better be drafting a QB.

I have little faith in Davis being the future of this franchise.

-9fA
Cmon haters wake up, Davis cant even beat the Leaf brothers.....

and he`s supposed to be our savior....



Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home