There are 233 users in the forums

Chances Nate Davis Gets Significant Time As Starter

Shop 49ers game tickets

Chances Nate Davis Gets Significant Time As Starter

Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Two chances...slim and none whatsoever.

You are right, after reading about his struggles this off season I say he has absolutely no chance. Hope he can overcome what seems to be his crippling disability and make a name for himself somewhere down the line.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
So when do we pull the plug on Davis? Next year, the year after? Will he ever be ready?
We draft a QB next year around the 4th, Davis plays out his contract then walks.
this isnt an alexcuse. but damn i keep thinking this kid wouldve been HELLA messed up if he was drafted in 05 by us. he woulda been out the league. im glad theyre taking him slow. develop him right. hopefully if he needs to hell know the playbook inside and out by then.

till then lets just watch a player grow.
If he has good TC and preseason, he may move up to spot 2 by end of season. If Smith falters, he will move up to #2 by default. I do not really see Carr being a long-term solution should Smith not pan out.

Some think Nate will get cut, I doubt it, as they would probably try to groom him this and next at the very least. He has very low-risk, high reward potential. Only way he gets a chance at starting is Injuries to Smith and Carr in 2010, or if we are in the playoffs, and resting the starters at the end of the season...
Originally posted by susweel:
If Nate Davis is playing then something seriously wrong happened with out team.

Yup. Given my well-documented concerns about Alex Smith -- if Davis does play -- it means all chances at a playoff berth are shot to heck and back.

This is provided -- of course -- that both QB's stay upright and healthy.
you guys are pathetic, you really think he is the savior.

half the guys on the zone dont know anything

1) Shaun Hill
2) Crabtree signing
3) Quinton Groves
4) and now Nate Davis
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
you guys are pathetic, you really think he is the savior.

half the guys on the zone dont know anything

1) Shaun Hill
2) Crabtree signing
3) Quinton Groves
4) and now Nate Davis

Way to keep things respectful, I don't think anyone benefits from you even posting so don't let the door hit you on the @ss.
His chances are mayyyyybe a little better than me getting significant time as the 49ers starting quarterback.
Davis does has potential. I really don't care if he is having a hard time in OTA's and the limited amount of practices this offseason. The sad reality is that if Davis does get playing time this year, it would mean that the 49ers are in really bad shape. I will not be surprised if davis makes a legitimate push for playing time by next year.

Originally posted by fister30:
Davis does has potential. I really don't care if he is having a hard time in OTA's and the limited amount of practices this offseason. The sad reality is that if Davis does get playing time this year, it would mean that the 49ers are in really bad shape. I will not be surprised if davis makes a legitimate push for playing time by next year.

If he does, that means that Alex isn't a Niner and Davis is competing with a 1st round draft pick QB or a FA
With Carr getting settled in as a solid b/u to Alex, I see little chance he'll advance on the depth chart. I don't think Singletary's ready to give up on him...a lot will depend on how Alex does this season...if he has a good year, Nate will probably stay as the #3. If not, he could move up should Carr take over. Anything's possible...he's got the good arm and all, so I think patience is the key to this kid.
Hmm...
I dont think he should be the starter, but there is little doubt he should be ahead of Carr. Davis is a baller.
Still just a very slim chance
Share 49ersWebzone