LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Steelers open to idea of trading Roethlisberger

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
man in a way i want Big Ben & a way i dont
i want him because he has playoff experience but with all the troubles he bring with him it scares me
another reason i think the niners should pursue him is what if they dont make a play for him & Arizona pounces on him thats going to make it more difficult to win the west

im really torn on this one what should WE DO???

Well, I suppose we could leave it to the team to make this decision?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
man in a way i want Big Ben & a way i dont
i want him because he has playoff experience but with all the troubles he bring with him it scares me
another reason i think the niners should pursue him is what if they dont make a play for him & Arizona pounces on him thats going to make it more difficult to win the west

im really torn on this one what should WE DO???

Well, I suppose we could leave it to the team to make this decision?

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
BTW all of you asking for ben to come to the 49ers..

If you watch any of his games, he takes a lot of sacks because he can't read a blitz. The redeeming factor to that, is that he has pocket presence and can usually slide and get away from the blitzer.

He takes a lot of sacks because they have a s**tty o-line, and their receivers run a lot of deep patterns that take time to develop. It's a power running game and big-play passing attack...with that, you're going to take some sacks and of course hit on big plays too. It's the price you pay.
schefter twittered that its is extremely unlikely that the Steelers trade the raper
Ah -- draft day shenanigans! Love em'!

I'm going to go out on a shaky limb here to proclaim that Whisenhunt is just screwing with the Niners on a mental level -- and really isn't interested in trading for damaged goods.

And -- if you truly believe that acquiring RuthlessBanger makes us or anyone else instant Super Bowl contenders -- please put down the pipe -- take a deep and cleansing breath -- and think it over.

RuthlessBanger did NOT win two Super Bowl titles. The Pittsburgh Steelers did. He happened to be the QB of that team. But he's not the only reason why they won. There are a whole host of reasons why Pittsburgh won two titles. Sure -- he figures into the mix. But let's not suddenly discount a franchise that has one of the beastliest defenses in the NFL.

This harkens back to the old argument of what made the 49ers the greatest team of the 80's. Was it Golden Joe Montana? Or was it Bill Walsh and the dynamic West Coast Offense? Maybe it was a little of both?

Taking RuthlessBanger out of the Pittsburgh equation does not suddenly equal Super Bowl riches for another team. It just doesn't.

So -- my thought is Whisenhunt may be jerking the chain of the new 49er GM -- or perhaps the young, brash kid owner in Jed -- trying to get a reaction. We're in a pretty good position right now -- and HE KNOWS THAT.

So -- why not play some mind games and see what happens?

I seriously doubt that RuthlessBanger winds up on the Cardinals -- and if he does? Who gives a rat's butt? Doesn't mean anything people. Not a dang thing. Phoenix is NOT Pittsburgh.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Ah -- draft day shenanigans! Love em'!

I'm going to go out on a shaky limb here to proclaim that Whisenhunt is just screwing with the Niners on a mental level -- and really isn't interested in trading for damaged goods.

And -- if you truly believe that acquiring RuthlessBanger makes us or anyone else instant Super Bowl contenders -- please put down the pipe -- take a deep and cleansing breath -- and think it over.

RuthlessBanger did NOT win two Super Bowl titles. The Pittsburgh Steelers did. He happened to be the QB of that team. But he's not the only reason why they won. There are a whole host of reasons why Pittsburgh won two titles. Sure -- he figures into the mix. But let's not suddenly discount a franchise that has one of the beastliest defenses in the NFL.

This harkens back to the old argument of what made the 49ers the greatest team of the 80's. Was it Golden Joe Montana? Or was it Bill Walsh and the dynamic West Coast Offense? Maybe it was a little of both?

Taking RuthlessBanger out of the Pittsburgh equation does not suddenly equal Super Bowl riches for another team. It just doesn't.

So -- my thought is Whisenhunt may be jerking the chain of the new 49er GM -- or perhaps the young, brash kid owner in Jed -- trying to get a reaction. We're in a pretty good position right now -- and HE KNOWS THAT.

So -- why not play some mind games and see what happens?

I seriously doubt that RuthlessBanger winds up on the Cardinals -- and if he does? Who gives a rat's butt? Doesn't mean anything people. Not a dang thing. Phoenix is NOT Pittsburgh.

I'll take it step further and say Rothlisburger actually did every thing imaginable to lose that first Superbowl. His best play was tripping the fumble returner after Bettis fumbled at the goal line. I will however say that the Cardinals have better weapons on offense than Pittsburgh, which would make them dangerous with Big Ben.
Originally posted by valrod33:
schefter twittered that its is extremely unlikely that the Steelers trade the raper

Noooooo to Big Ben
Share 49ersWebzone