LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 301 users in the forums

Peyton's quest for Mvp over superbowl win?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm just saying that it looked like he was going after the MVP trophy and it cost them the superbowl title! In the first superbowl he won, joseph addai should have gotten the mvp because of the good running he was doing and the bears had know answer. Well addai start to get off again and it looked like the colts were poised to pull away early and peyton I thought took it upon himself to try to win the game without his running back Kinda put him on ice so to speak. and went after the stats because everybody has pumped his head up your the greatest yada yada yada. He bought into it and cost the colts another superbowl win!
Originally posted by ninerforyears:
I'm just saying that it looked like he was going after the MVP trophy and it cost them the superbowl title! In the first superbowl he won, joseph addai should have gotten the mvp because of the good running he was doing and the bears had know answer. Well addai start to get off again and it looked like the colts were poised to pull away early and peyton I thought took it upon himself to try to win the game without his running back Kinda put him on ice so to speak. and went after the stats because everybody has pumped his head up your the greatest yada yada yada. He bought into it and cost the colts another superbowl win!

• jrg
  • Veteran
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
oh no
Peyton threw the ball 45 times and addai ran like 7 or 8 times give me a break he is not Joe Montana. Well for you nerds I guess you found out without a running game it is hard to win in a dominant fashion.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Peyton threw the ball 45 times and addai ran like 7 or 8 times give me a break he is not Joe Montana. Well for you nerds I guess you found out without a running game it is hard to win in a dominant fashion.

Colts had more rushing yards than the Saints.

New Orleans 18 rushing attempts
Indy 19 rushing attempts

Failed once again
Neither Pass D was stopping the other team, both the Saints and the Colts did the right thing, keep going with what is working.

There was very little Good defense in this game, the Colts held them to FG's on occassion but aside from a couple of KEY Stops, the Saints Pass D were getting shredded up.

This was not Peyton on a quest, this was Peyton utilizing his best shot at winning.
[ Edited by danimal on Feb 8, 2010 at 4:57 PM ]

I think that was #33 D.Rhodes who had the good rushing output in the first superbowl not Addai.
FAIL thread is FAIL

Share 49ersWebzone