There are 179 users in the forums

The next person on Madden Cover

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by boast:
Cleveland fans f**ked themselves.

14 wins in 3 years. I'm sure they're terrified on what the Madden curse could do to them.

Oh no don't hurt our WHITE RUNNING BACK. With him we're a 5-11 team. Without him we're a 3-13 team. Oh the humanity. Hell if I'm them I'm running under every ladder in town, changing the dawg pound into the black cat pound. Bring on every curse possible and bring on Andrew Luck. That'll change your fortunes.

Just a question and I'm not trying to insinuate anything here as I might not have gotten the tone you were looking for but does it matter if he is white?
Originally posted by Envy:

14 wins in 3 years. I'm sure they're terrified on what the Madden curse could do to them.

Oh no don't hurt our WHITE RUNNING BACK. With him we're a 5-11 team. Without him we're a 3-13 team. Oh the humanity. Hell if I'm them I'm running under every ladder in town, changing the dawg pound into the black cat pound. Bring on every curse possible and bring on Andrew Luck. That'll change your fortunes.

Just a question and I'm not trying to insinuate anything here as I might not have gotten the tone you were looking for but does it matter if he is white?

Of course it does, it means EVERYTHING!!! First it's a white guy succeeding at RB, next it'll be at WR. White people will realize they can play the positions they were told they were too slow to play, which will then carry over to Track and Field where a white guy will beat Ussien Bolt's speed record, then to distance running where a white guy will beat the Kenyans in the Boston marathon, and to the NBA and we'll see a white LBJ, a white DWade, a white Kobe...even a coming of a WHITE JORDAN!!!

Oh the humanity!!!!It's the end of the sports world, America will become the new CANADA!!!!!!!

If he wasn't white he wouldn't be near the cover of Madden. Yes it does matter that he's white.

He's not an elite back, and he's a good not a special player. Think Mike Alstott. Very good in a 1-2 punch but you can live without him. That's all I was saying.
f**k Madden for the past 5 years
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Madden PS2 ftw
  • NickV
  • Veteran

Taken from the arcade section.

NFL2K5 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!

Hillis has had his bouts with serious injuries, and I'd be surprised if he didn't this year, yet everyone is gonna blame the "Madden Curse."
Originally posted by zillabeast:

NFL2K5 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!

If he wasn't white he wouldn't be near the cover of Madden. Yes it does matter that he's white.

He's not an elite back, and he's a good not a special player. Think Mike Alstott. Very good in a 1-2 punch but you can live without him. That's all I was saying.

You think white people are voting for him just because he's white? Sounds like the whole country of China voting Yao for the all star game when he doesnt even play.

Originally posted by btthepunk:

You think white people are voting for him just because he's white? Sounds like the whole country of China voting Yao for the all star game when he doesnt even play.

Yes he was voted on because he's white. Peyton Hillis would have never ever been considered for the cover if it wasn't for this voting system. Fan voting is the worst thing in sports.
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Yes he was voted on because he's white. Peyton Hillis would have never ever been considered for the cover if it wasn't for this voting system. Fan voting is the worst thing in sports.

So would it be true if we said that Vick was the other finalist because he got all the black dog killing thug votes?
I think that if it were just because he's white, then Aaron Rodgers would be on the cover.
Madden 2013 will have a cover of whatever white guy has a breakout season.

So would it be true if we said that Vick was the other finalist because he got all the black dog killing thug votes?
I think that if it were just because he's white, then Aaron Rodgers would be on the cover.

White QBs are not special, but white rbs are rare. I'm not white, but I voted for Hillis because it'd be funny to see a white rb win, and I'm sure I'm not alone thinking that. So yes, I 100% believe Hillis won because he was white. As for Vick, he was voted for because he's always been popular, and he had a tremendous comeback year as well. It's just too bad for him that the trolls and dog lovers outnumbered serious voters.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

White QBs are not special, but white rbs are rare. I'm not white, but I voted for Hillis because it'd be funny to see a white rb win, and I'm sure I'm not alone thinking that. So yes, I 100% believe Hillis won because he was white. As for Vick, he was voted for because he's always been popular, and he had a tremendous comeback year as well. It's just too bad for him that the trolls and dog lovers outnumbered serious voters.

Hey that's funny cause...

Black RBs are not special, but black QBs are rare. I'm not black, but I voted for Michael Vick because it'd be funny to see a black QB win, and I'm sure I'm not alone thinking that.

Michael Vick didn't win the Madden Cover because he was already featured on the 2004 Madden Cover.
Share 49ersWebzone