There are 104 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Nate Davis thread

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
MM on his Twitter:

Quote:
Please no more questions about Nate Davis playing. The kid hasn't even practiced at QB since #49ers training camp, for crying out loud.

So, in case you didn't get the memo: NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Sing just said we could see Nate for a few series over the next 2 games. He said the most important thing is to win, but at this point (being out of the playoffs), he is open to seeing what a guy could do. He also said that Alex is his guy, but he specifically stated that he was open to the idea.



IM CONFUSED !

Sing was talking about young players in general. Not about Davis.

Nate Davis is a young player

Wow really? I had no idea
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Let him sit. Smith is our QB going into next year. That's all it is, so get over it.

If he is then McCloughan needs to be fired immediately, if he isn't (which is obviously the obvious choice) then we can finally move on and become a winning football team again.
Alex is our QB

however if we start to get blown out by 3 or 4 tds -- completely possible
then we should put Nate in to prevent injury to Alex in a pointless effort
or if we do the unthinkable and get up by 4 TDs or so, let him in then as well

this would let us see him play in mop-up against soft defenses, but real defenses, so we would have a better idea of what we have waiting
Originally posted by cestmoi:
Alex is our QB

however if we start to get blown out by 3 or 4 tds -- completely possible
then we should put Nate in to prevent injury to Alex in a pointless effort
or if we do the unthinkable and get up by 4 TDs or so, let him in then as well

this would let us see him play in mop-up against soft defenses, but real defenses, so we would have a better idea of what we have waiting

We wont get blown out by detroit or the rams, so there is no chance of seeing nate in these situations.


If anything we will see a lot of mrob, becuase we will probably be running it more.
my prayers have been answered coach just said we might see nate davis in our next two games if he feels the person can offer something evaluation wise to see if there is anything there.he said probably a few snaps to a series.if the game allows for it to happen.
Originally posted by bigdon76:
my prayers have been answered coach just said we might see nate davis in our next two games if he feels the person can offer something evaluation wise to see if there is anything there.he said probably a few snaps to a series.if the game allows for it to happen.

I'm sure they will want to take a look at him in a few drives. In his rookie preseason, he showed to be more accurate, have more velocity, and showed more poise than Smith has under similar conditions.

Just like people were saying about Hill, he's got a ceiling so why not put in the talented guy, Smith may not give us what we want and Davis is the more talented guy. Since we already dug our seasonless hole, we may as well go all out and look for a franchise QB, again.
[ Edited by Joecool on Dec 21, 2009 at 2:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by bigdon76:
my prayers have been answered coach just said we might see nate davis in our next two games if he feels the person can offer something evaluation wise to see if there is anything there.he said probably a few snaps to a series.if the game allows for it to happen.

I'm sure they will want to take a look at him in a few drives. In his rookie preseason, he showed to be more accurate, have more velocity, and showed more poise than Smith has under similar conditions.

against 3 and 4th string preseason players, most are out of the league
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by bigdon76:
my prayers have been answered coach just said we might see nate davis in our next two games if he feels the person can offer something evaluation wise to see if there is anything there.he said probably a few snaps to a series.if the game allows for it to happen.

I'm sure they will want to take a look at him in a few drives. In his rookie preseason, he showed to be more accurate, have more velocity, and showed more poise [b]than Smith has under similar conditions.[/b]

against 3 and 4th string preseason players, most are out of the league

he's played against the colts in their stadium? really similar conditions? i didnt realize davis played with our playoff chances on the line..
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by bigdon76:
my prayers have been answered coach just said we might see nate davis in our next two games if he feels the person can offer something evaluation wise to see if there is anything there.he said probably a few snaps to a series.if the game allows for it to happen.

I'm sure they will want to take a look at him in a few drives. In his rookie preseason, he showed to be more accurate, have more velocity, and showed more poise than Smith has under similar conditions.

Just like people were saying about Hill, he's got a ceiling so why not put in the talented guy, Smith may not give us what we want and Davis is the more talented guy. Since we already dug our seasonless hole, we may as well go all out and look for a franchise QB, again.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
MM on his Twitter:

Quote:
Please no more questions about Nate Davis playing. The kid hasn't even practiced at QB since #49ers training camp, for crying out loud.

So, in case you didn't get the memo: NOT GONNA HAPPEN!

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Sing just said we could see Nate for a few series over the next 2 games. He said the most important thing is to win, but at this point (being out of the playoffs), he is open to seeing what a guy could do. He also said that Alex is his guy, but he specifically stated that he was open to the idea.



IM CONFUSED !

Sing was talking about young players in general. Not about Davis.

Nate Davis is a young player

Wow really? I had no idea

When Sing was asked this question, the reporter specifically asked about Nate. Sing gave a vague answer, but the question was originally asked about Nate.
  • dj43
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 20,131
Just for the benefit of some who don't know what happens in regular season practice:

The starting QB, ALWAYS gets ALL the reps with the first team. The backup gets only the scout team, which is comprised of 2nd and 3rd string guys running the opponents plays. The THIRD STRING QB plays defensive back, or wide receiver, but he rarely, if even gets any reps at QB.

Nate Davis, being the third string QB, has had only a VERY few reps at QB since the end of training camp/pre-season. He is likely no more ready to play now than he was at the end of pre-season when Singletary said they gave him about 8 plays and that was all.

At the beginning of this season, Shaun Hill got ALL the reps with the first team, and Alex Smith ran all the scout team plays. When Hill was benched, they switched roles but Nate still was playing wide receiver or DB - no QB.

OTOH, in the off-season, OTAs and TC, each QB may throw 100 times a day to different receivers, including first string guys. Those guys work hard to both get in shape and get the patterns and timing down. But once the regular season starts, all that changes.

Davis, as well as Alex Smith, need that off-season to get in flow with all the young receivers and the offense. To throw Davis in there now, even for only a series or two, serves no purpose the team doesn't already know.
Nate Davis is the QB who self-professed that he had bad mechanics and who hasn't taken a snap since training camp.

I simply can't see how people don't realize that he's JUST NOT READY.

-9fA
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
Originally posted by insanemike27:
Let him sit. Smith is our QB going into next year. That's all it is, so get over it.

If he is then McCloughan needs to be fired immediately, if he isn't (which is obviously the obvious choice) then we can finally move on and become a winning football team again.

you really believe an essentially rookie QB, Nate Davis, will win more games than he loses? You really believe that the QB is the only problem with the team? because that is what you're implying by saying a QB change will lead to a winning team.

Some fans are so delusional and they don't seem to observe the rest of the league. Nate Davis will not provide the immediate success many of you are hoping for. Just because you see a Ben Rothlisberger come in and play well (on a very good team) and a Matt Ryan, doesnt mean that this is the norm. These men are the exception and so many people have been clamoring for the backup ever since Garcia left thinking this person can take a bad team, lacking talent and take it to the playoffs. It just doesnt happen as often as you think.

The team finally has some talent through free agency and the draft because of what McCloughan has done. Yea, he's missed on some players and some players have turned out to be gems. Thats just the way the draft works.

This team was so devoid of talent, it was going to take several years to get it back up to even contention. Because of the weak NFC West, so many people are falsely believing that this team should be in the playoffs. And once this team got in the playoffs, the wouldn't win. They're just not ready yet.
I like how everyone is on Nate Davis' nuts because of what he did vs 3rd stringers
BUT
Ridicule everyone who wanted to keep Kory Sheets after he owned 2nd stringers
Originally posted by solidg2000:
I like how everyone is on Nate Davis' nuts because of what he did vs 3rd stringers
BUT
Ridicule everyone who wanted to keep Kory Sheets after he owned 2nd stringers

imo both r overrated, but since nate davis is a qb, people want him on the field because alex smith blows.....including me. i don't care abt kory sheets because we have a dude named frank gore
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home