There are 173 users in the forums

Nate Davis thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • jrg
  • Veteran
i cant believe this is 131 pages.
Originally posted by jrg:
i cant believe this is 131 pages.

It will all send soon.. Personally I can't believe it either.

If the guy was any good or had any real potential, some other team would have claimed him at some point during the past 2 years. He was right there for the taking.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Big arm.. No Brain and apparently ate himself out of a job.

The beat writers didn't notice this guy was gaining weight until now? Turrible Beat Writers.
Good riddance.
  • S2000
  • Veteran
This is a disappointing move for the following reasons:

1. It is an indictment of the team's developmental coaching:

As a fifth round pick, he was a low risk, high reward prospect. We had very little committed to him financially. With his tools, we failed him by giving him zero reps, practicing him as a TE or S, and banishing him to the practice squad. What is the point of drafting a developmental prospect and deciding not to develop him?

2. Singletary handled the QB position poorly:

It is laughable that he brought in Carr to take up a roster spot and not provide competition. And we may never know the real reason as to why Singletary decided to publicly humiliate Davis.

3. Too much is being made of his learning disability and work ethic:

This just leads to accusatory speculation and irrational personal attacks. He did not fail the Wonderlic like Vince Young.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time will tell. I think he will be successful elsewhere.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
GTFO
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Good riddance.

I wish Nate Davis the best of Luck
R.I.P. Nate. Never got a fair shake. But I guess he earned his dismissal. After all, this organization is brilliant at spotting QB talent.
ill never understand why he wasn't given a fair shot.

but good luck nate, i hope you resurface somewhere and become a starter
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by S2000:
3. Too much is being made of his learning disability and work ethic:

This just leads to accusatory speculation and irrational personal attacks. He did not fail the Wonderlic like Vince Young.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time will tell. I think he will be successful elsewhere.

there can never be too mucn made of Work Ethic. A 5th round pick, 3rd string/practice squad QB will NEVER make it without a good work ethic.

I think there is a much better chance he's out of the NFL in 3 years than being succesful somewhere else.

Originally posted by WestCoast:
ill never understand why he wasn't given a fair shot.

but good luck nate, i hope you resurface somewhere and become a starter

cuz singletary and co. are a bunch of dips**ts.
Perhaps they just did not want to commit to the 1 year contract and would prefer to have the the new coach's input on the most important position. Harbaugh has coached in college 4 years and knows who Davis is.

The deadline was approaching and the could only extend 5 offers apparently so they didn't want to tie one up. They can probably sign him in the future figuring no one will pick him up in light of the fat rumors
Originally posted by Nes49:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Good riddance.

I wish Nate Davis the best of Luck

Maybe he will take this as a wake up call and get his s**t together.
It just seems unbelievable that the likes of Drukenmiller, Carmazzi, Doman, Picket, Dorsey, Rattay, Stenstrom, Wienke, Carr were all given a shot, yet the player with more talent than all those other clowns combined, is never given a chance.

Its like when they traded Charles Haley (which arguably lost us two Super Bowls). Maybe he's like Haley and is totally wack. Perhaps he poops on his hand and then randomly throws it at coaches in the meeting rooms.
MaioccoCSN

49ers fan favorite QB Nate Davis will be signing with Seahawks, pending a physical.

Move this biotch to NFL TALK
[ Edited by valrod33 on Jan 11, 2011 at 11:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone