LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Nate Davis thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I hope we manage to keep Nate. I believe in him and with the right coach, he has a chance. Singletary is a bloated turd full of singfarts. He probably picked on Nate because he is a mild mannered type. I hope the future coach gives Nate the chance to make it. Nate has no chance here with Sing's moronic offense built upon his monumental stupidity as well as his penchant of kicking players when down. Maybe someday Nate can flip Sing a nickel for a shoe shine.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I am not asking to see Nate appointed the savior or even to start. All I want to see is in a 37-0 blowout put him in and get a quarter of experience. He won't turn the season around but I want him to get some reps before next season.

Like your namesake, your wisdom is evident. Even Shanahan in Washingoton has benched McNabb (to 3rd string, no less) acknowledging the season is lost, in order to see what his backups have to offer. Yes, we are numerically still in it, but are we really? Should we even be there if we take the division? Let's get real and see what the future offers in Nate? do we need to look for 2 Qb's next year or just one? Right now, no one knows, and that includes our genius "coach without a clue" (or a plan).
Damon Bruce said on the post game show that if Jed wants to be more involved he should go in and demand the coach starts Nate Davis on Sunday to see what he can do. I wonder if this will gain any momentum. Davis vs. Skelton. what a match up, not quiet Smith v Leinart we all had imaged in March.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by artx84de4089er:
Some might not like my comment, but I really hope we get out of this silly playoff race...and please don't shoot in with a "The San Francisco Giants had a playoff run..." simply because the SF Giants we able to adjust to adversity when it counted, this team can't. I still want us to win games, but the playoffs would be a joke for a 7-9 team that can't identify what its trying to do in regular games, let alone the playoffs. Reasoning obviously, since this is in the the Nate Thread is that I want to see what he can and can't do...so I don't have to hear this, "Well, in pre-season, he was going against scrubs..." BS. Simply put, our division is somewhere near the scrub-rack according to the East Coast-bias ESPN, so why not let the scrub-fest continue with adding Nate to the mix.

That is all.

Agreed. Though I wanted this weeks ago. After an 0-5 start I had no realistic hopes of the playoffs. Playing Nate would shed important light on how our fraft will shake up next year. I personally believe that with 2-3 games under his belt he start to get comfortable and have limited success.

Now the team has NO plan and no idea of what to do at the QB position. At least they could have eliminated some doubt by Letting Nate davis get some reps. If he sucked then we would know what we need to do. But if he got comfortable after a few games and had some success we might have eliminated some of the need for a QB. Singletary is a douchebag!!

Anthony Dixon played well in preseason, was given a chance, and has performed. David Baas played well in preseason, was given a chance, and has performed.
Reggie Smith played well in preseason, and has done well in the regular season too.
But when it comes to Nate Davis, no chance shall be given.

I just can't stand to see Alex Smith out there any more, I simply don't like the way he plays. I would rather go down fighting with a quarterback who gives our playmakers a chance by throwing them jump balls, then one who plays it safe the whole way through. If we are down by 21 in the 4th, I want to see the ball aired out the rest of the game, at least go down fighting.

It still defies belief when people praise Alex Smith for giving up on plays and throwing the ball away, especially when we are down by 3 scores in the 4th quarter. If we suck, fine, but at LEAST go down fighting. Troy Smith pulled wins out of his hat because he wanted to go down fighting. I think Nate Davis is capable of that, and more.

So how would it hurt us to give him a chance and have some idea about what he looks like? Oh right, I forgot, our 5-9 quest for the playoffs marches on...

Maybe that's because Nate couldn't perform well in preseason against anything more than 3rd stringers?
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by artx84de4089er:
Some might not like my comment, but I really hope we get out of this silly playoff race...and please don't shoot in with a "The San Francisco Giants had a playoff run..." simply because the SF Giants we able to adjust to adversity when it counted, this team can't. I still want us to win games, but the playoffs would be a joke for a 7-9 team that can't identify what its trying to do in regular games, let alone the playoffs. Reasoning obviously, since this is in the the Nate Thread is that I want to see what he can and can't do...so I don't have to hear this, "Well, in pre-season, he was going against scrubs..." BS. Simply put, our division is somewhere near the scrub-rack according to the East Coast-bias ESPN, so why not let the scrub-fest continue with adding Nate to the mix.

That is all.

Agreed. Though I wanted this weeks ago. After an 0-5 start I had no realistic hopes of the playoffs. Playing Nate would shed important light on how our fraft will shake up next year. I personally believe that with 2-3 games under his belt he start to get comfortable and have limited success.

Now the team has NO plan and no idea of what to do at the QB position. At least they could have eliminated some doubt by Letting Nate davis get some reps. If he sucked then we would know what we need to do. But if he got comfortable after a few games and had some success we might have eliminated some of the need for a QB. Singletary is a douchebag!!

Anthony Dixon played well in preseason, was given a chance, and has performed. David Baas played well in preseason, was given a chance, and has performed.
Reggie Smith played well in preseason, and has done well in the regular season too.
But when it comes to Nate Davis, no chance shall be given.

I just can't stand to see Alex Smith out there any more, I simply don't like the way he plays. I would rather go down fighting with a quarterback who gives our playmakers a chance by throwing them jump balls, then one who plays it safe the whole way through. If we are down by 21 in the 4th, I want to see the ball aired out the rest of the game, at least go down fighting.

It still defies belief when people praise Alex Smith for giving up on plays and throwing the ball away, especially when we are down by 3 scores in the 4th quarter. If we suck, fine, but at LEAST go down fighting. Troy Smith pulled wins out of his hat because he wanted to go down fighting. I think Nate Davis is capable of that, and more.

So how would it hurt us to give him a chance and have some idea about what he looks like? Oh right, I forgot, our 5-9 quest for the playoffs marches on...

Maybe that's because Nate couldn't perform well in preseason against anything more than 3rd stringers?

Maybe so. Or maybe the people evaluating our players, coaching our offense, and devising our schemes just don't know what the hell they're doing. Based on what I've seen I know which of those I believe to be correct.

Either way, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't start Nate Davis against Arizona. He's the only QB who I think has any shot being on the team next year anyway. Why not see what he can do?
It would be cruel to start a guy who has had no practice. Frankly, I aways feared that Singlecell would throw him in there to fail and thus prove that his assessment was correct.

It was immediately suspicious when Singlecell threw Davis as far away from A.Smith as he could.
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Damon Bruce said on the post game show that if Jed wants to be more involved he should go in and demand the coach starts Nate Davis on Sunday to see what he can do. I wonder if this will gain any momentum. Davis vs. Skelton. what a match up, not quiet Smith v Leinart we all had imaged in March.

I heard that too. Might as well see if he is even worth keeping around as a backup...
Nate Davis is the only QB on our team that has not f**ked up in some way.

That has to count for something.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Nate Davis is the only QB on our team that has not f**ked up in some way.

That has to count for something.

Sad but true.
What's the point of starting either Alex or Troy Smith on Sunday against the Cardinals?? The Niners are already eliminated. Both of thosse QBs shouldn't be awarded for their dismal performance against the Rams. Jed York need to put his foot down and kick Mike Singletary to the curb and give Nate Davis an opportunity to start as QB this Sunday!

[ Edited by cris_sonic on Dec 26, 2010 at 20:41:39 ]

The home fans are pissed off right now...we are out of the playoffs.

it would be once again embarrassing if Alex were to another take another snap on this team, in a meaningless game. If he over throws just one receiver, the home fans would tear him apart again.

heck even Troy Smith might not be treated so nice if he struggles.

this is why Sing needs to be fired asap, so he has no influence in what we do next week. Tom Rathman or Munusky should take over and be told Nate will start.
Hey Nate you can come out now Singletary is gone

Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Hey Nate you can come out now Singletary is gone

Eh, I have no interest in seeing Nate Davis ever play a snap for this team. Get me Ryan Mallet in the draft and McNabb on a one year deal.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ForeverYoung:
Eh, I have no interest in seeing Nate Davis ever play a snap for this team. Get me Ryan Mallet in the draft and McNabb on a one year deal.

Why not at least see what we have in Davis? With that mentality Tom Brady would have never been given a shot.
Share 49ersWebzone