LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

Nate Davis thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
We should have all the lineman take some snaps as QB in this last game, and let them get knocked around for once. Might let them know whats its like for a QB to have no blocking.
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by ForeverYoung:
Eh, I have no interest in seeing Nate Davis ever play a snap for this team. Get me Ryan Mallet in the draft and McNabb on a one year deal.

Why not at least see what we have in Davis? With that mentality Tom Brady would have never been given a shot.

Uh, yeah. That's a risk I'm more than willing to take lol.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Hey Nate you can come out now Singletary is gone

LOL!
Eh, I have no interest in seeing Nate Davis ever play a snap for this team. Get me Ryan Mallet in the draft and McNabb on a one year deal.

Why not at least see what we have in Davis? With that mentality Tom Brady would have never been given a shot.

except brady was a backup not on the P.S.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

Uh, yeah. That's a risk I'm more than willing to take lol.

WTF are you risking? It's a meaningless game and if he does turn out to be this horrible QB that you believe he is then we end up losing, which would ultimately benefit our draft slot.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

and only got his shot when the starting QB got hurt
Originally posted by valrod33:

Are you sure is that why he was the backup to replace the starter. What I'm saying is that he was the #2 qb not the qb of the practice squad.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

and if Singletary had a Tom Brady just coming out of college then Brady would have been cut.

You people do realize that the decision to bring in Carr as a backup and the decision to put Davis on the PS was Singletary's, right?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
jeez here we go w/ this guy again...

and if Singletary had a Tom Brady just coming out of college then Brady would have been cut.

You people do realize that the decision to bring in Carr as a backup and the decision to put Davis on the PS was Singletary's, right?

Agreed. I don't trust Singletary's talent evaluation for nothing. He said in his post game press conf. that he put Alex in the game because "he was a stabilizing force for the team". Ok, than why the fvck didn't he start? Not that it would have mattered, but further proof of how Singletary has been doing his best Ace Ventura impression and talking out of his azz all season long.

We'll never know.
He needs to start on Sunday just because the game SHOULD be used for evaluations. He probably won't though.

Even if he did start though, it really wouldn't prove to be good for him. He either loses and everyone is like "told you, he sucks..blah blah blah" or he wins and then its:

- "nobody has any film on him thats why"
- "the Cardinals suck, anyone could of beat them"
- "Mike Johnson opened up the playbook and put him a position to suceed"
- "that deep pass that I'm not use to seeing was all luck"

ect ect

It's a lose-lose situation that won't solve or prove anything around here so it's probably one more meaninless game with Alex or Troy while our 8 year vet David Carr is Inactive and takes up a roster spot
If we finally get a coach who knows how to develop a QB and put him in the best position to succeed and use that QB's abilities, then Nate Davis should be the top priority of this team pending we don't acquire another project QB.

He has everything physically needed by an NFL QB. He succeeded in college as did Alex Smith, so I don't see how he would not be able to succeed in the NFL.

Dude was given a raw deal by Singletary because it appears Raye had a big influence at that time. Then Singletary contradicts himself and backs a QB who knew nothing of the system in Troy Smith. I think if Raye wasn't here to bumble plays, Nate Davis would have been on the roster due to Mike Johnson being high on him.

Quote:
This offseason Davis said that he would return to Indianapolis (he played at Ball State) to work with a trainer who also works out with Colts quarterback Peyton Manning. Davis said he hoped that relationship would mean that he gets to meet Manning. He said he's mostly moving back to his college town to save money during a possible lockout.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/12/nate-davis-i-pl.html#ixzz19cH1XmxV
Originally posted by Joecool:
If we finally get a coach who knows how to develop a QB and put him in the best position to succeed and use that QB's abilities, then Nate Davis should be the top priority of this team pending we don't acquire another project QB.

He has everything physically needed by an NFL QB. He succeeded in college as did Alex Smith, so I don't see how he would not be able to succeed in the NFL.

Dude was given a raw deal by Singletary because it appears Raye had a big influence at that time. Then Singletary contradicts himself and backs a QB who knew nothing of the system in Troy Smith. I think if Raye wasn't here to bumble plays, Nate Davis would have been on the roster due to Mike Johnson being high on him.

Quote:
This offseason Davis said that he would return to Indianapolis (he played at Ball State) to work with a trainer who also works out with Colts quarterback Peyton Manning. Davis said he hoped that relationship would mean that he gets to meet Manning. He said he's mostly moving back to his college town to save money during a possible lockout.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/12/nate-davis-i-pl.html#ixzz19cH1XmxV

I'm not sure he has the intellect to be a QB on this level. He certainly has shown us enough to doubt that he can learn an NFL playbook. Dudes got some major hurdles to overcome.
Share 49ersWebzone