LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Could Desean Jackson the second coming of Jerry Rice?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Could Desean Jackson the second coming of Jerry Rice?

KENTWAN BALMER!
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
They are nothing alike, this thread is stupid.
Originally posted by crzy:
Desean Jackson >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Michael Crabtree.

Crabtree doesn't have the explosiveness.

You can't be serious.
  • titan
  • Veteran
No, but Jackson is a very good player and it's unfair that we are comparing him to Jerry just because he was humble enough to train and listen to him. He is more of a Marvin Harrison type player anyway.
  • Money
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

You can't be serious.

no, you can't be serious
Originally posted by Money:

You can't be serious.

no, you can't be serious

Ummmmmm Wasn't Crabtrees forte being explosive???? BIG PLAYS?
Originally posted by Money:

You can't be serious.

no, you can't be serious

Did you not watch his college highlights? Most of the TDs he scored were on slants where he pretty much ran through the entire secondary and broke into the end zone. Saying he's not explosive is absolutely ludicrous.
I thought T.O. was the second coming of Jerry Rice?

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I thought T.O. was the second coming of Jerry Rice?

damn

We could have drafted Desean Jackson

and

Sign TO this past off season

17 other teams passed on in him the second round. Quite complaining it's not going to do anything but piss people off.
Originally posted by jrg:
If we had DeSean Jackson, we wouldn't have drafted Crabtree.

Crabtree > Jackson

You are nuts. Jackson is a top 10 WR in this league and probably the top punt returner in all of football. Crabtree isnt close to his league at this point.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Crabtree > Jackson

You are nuts. Jackson is a top 10 WR in this league and probably the top punt returner in all of football. Crabtree isnt close to his league at this point.

Jackson is 13th in the NFL in receiving yards, 40th in receptions and 13th in touchdowns among receivers. He does have the best punt return average, though he's fielded the fewest punts among the top five punt returners in the NFL.

I do however think it's unrealistic to compare Crabtree and Jackson. They are two totally different types of receivers from different draft classes.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Crabtree > Jackson

Jackson is 13th in the NFL in receiving yards, 40th in receptions and 13th in touchdowns among receivers. He does have the best punt return average, though he's fielded the fewest punts among the top five punt returners in the NFL.

I do however think it's unrealistic to compare Crabtree and Jackson. They are two totally different types of receivers from different draft classes.

He also has huge game breaking ability as shown by the fact that he has tied the all time single season record for most TDs over 50 yards. As far as # of receptions you do have to account for the fact that he missed a game and that Philly has several other guys that McNabb also goes to in the redzone like Celek and Avant.

I guess my point is that Crabtree hasnt accomplished anything yet to say he is better than Jackson and that Jackson has clearly shown that he is a true game changer. Maybe in the future we will be able to put Crab in his class. Just not yet.
to draft Deshaun Jackson. He worked out with him in the offseason and wanted to help out his former team and give us a steal in the draft. But no, we didnt listen to the greatest receiver of all time and picked up Kentwan Balmer (who?) instead. I feel sick to my stomach every time I see the Eagles play because D Jax is definently one of the most explosive players in the NFL. The dude already has tied the record for most touchdowns of 50 or more yards in one season with 8! He does it all: Punt returns for touchdowns, end arounds for touchdowns, and receiving touchdowns. When the GREATEST RECEIVER OF ALL TIME tells us to draft a receiver, we need to listen. Unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!! But hey, Balmer is is pace to set the all time sack record so I guess we will be fine. I mean, the dude has 0 sacks so far in his career. What a steal we got!
Share 49ersWebzone