There are 225 users in the forums

Could Desean Jackson the second coming of Jerry Rice?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Could Desean Jackson the second coming of Jerry Rice?

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol no. rice wasnt a fluky speed based boom or bust WR that returned kicks and punts.

come on. of ALL the wr's to compare to rice...jackson isnt even a similar player.

Crabtree reminds me more of Jerry than Jackson.

This.
i'm sure jackson will have more td's ,records, superbowls, pro bowls, yards, catches than jesus in cleats...yea right are you kidding me this thread is idiotic, jackson isn't even the best receiver in the NFC(Fitz,Calvin)
Sure would be nice to have someone to stretch the field and return punts (or just catch them).
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
i'm sure jackson will have more td's ,records, superbowls, pro bowls, yards, catches than jesus in cleats...yea right are you kidding me this thread is idiotic, jackson isn't even the best receiver in the NFC(Fitz,Calvin)

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Yeah but having his speed on punt returns and kick returns+stretching field ability would help us more than those 2 and Scotty passed on him TWICE. I don't even like Jackson, watching him play and burn us today made me want to kick the s**t out of him but he would've helped us a lot more than the invisible man or the turnstile did.

Yeah but having his speed on punt returns and kick returns+stretching field ability would help us more than those 2 and Scotty passed on him TWICE. I don't even like Jackson, watching him play and burn us today made me want to kick the s**t out of him but he would've helped us a lot more than the invisible man or the turnstile did.

That doesnt change the fact of how retarded this thread is.

BTW he was the 7th WR picked in the 2nd round. Philly passed on him twice as well. It is soooooo retarded to be getting on Scott for this

BTW he was the 7th WR picked in the 2nd round. Philly passed on him twice as well. It is soooooo retarded to be getting on Scott for this

i agree that other teams felt he was a little too small or skinny -- yet his talent was undeniable and his speed was something that was explosive. we had GLARING needs at WR at the time and decided to draft no-name Kentwan Balmer and yet another "project" at OL with Chilo Rachal. I'm not saying these two are busts, but we needed a WR and DJ had talent that would exponentially make our team better. Yet, Scot passed him twice. So, yes -- I do put this under the category of stupid mistakes with our draft.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

i agree that other teams felt he was a little too small or skinny -- yet his talent was undeniable and his speed was something that was explosive. we had GLARING needs at WR at the time and decided to draft no-name Kentwan Balmer and yet another "project" at OL with Chilo Rachal. I'm not saying these two are busts, but we needed a WR and DJ had talent that would exponentially make our team better. Yet, Scot passed him twice. So, yes -- I do put this under the category of stupid mistakes with our draft.

Thats what they said about the other 10 WR's picked in that 2nd round
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
You also need someone to throw him the ball and game planning effective with routes that will get him room to run.

D. Jackson would be the equivalent to Ted Ginn's performance on our team.
Jackson is an injury away from being a guy that used to be really fast. He is two injuries away from being an also ran slot receiver, ala Az-Zahir Hakim.

Give him time. He's small enough that sooner rather than later, the game will catch up with him.

Okay, I agree. We should have picked one. The past is the past. I am not saying DJ woulda been this good on the 49ers. I bet we'd have a few ST touchdowns tho! I'm just annoyed that we got a mediocre at best 1st round pick and a "needs time" 2nd round pick. Hopefully this year we'll do better...?

Edit: The likeness of DJ on our team in 2008 woulda been like Donnie Avery on the Rams now. But DJ and Michael Crabtree woulda been nice! If we could do it again Ray Rice 1st round DJ 2nd. Haha
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Dec 20, 2009 at 10:23 PM ]

Okay, I agree. We should have picked one. The past is the past. I am not saying DJ woulda been this good on the 49ers. I bet we'd have a few ST touchdowns tho! I'm just annoyed that we got a mediocre at best 1st round pick and a "needs time" 2nd round pick. Hopefully this year we'll do better...?

Edit: The likeness of DJ on our team in 2008 woulda been like Donnie Avery on the Rams now. But DJ and Michael Crabtree woulda been nice! If we could do it again Ray Rice 1st round DJ 2nd. Haha

He would've atleast gotten us some good ST plays like you said. And the main difference between Jackson and Ginn is Ginn has bricks for hands. Jackson has good hands. I don't buy that if Smith can get Crabtree the ball that he couldn't get DJ the ball. Hell Ted Ginn type returner would've been better than Balmer or Rachal. Balmer is worthless and Rachal is worse than worthless.
Share 49ersWebzone