There are 372 users in the forums

Could Desean Jackson the second coming of Jerry Rice?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Could Desean Jackson the second coming of Jerry Rice?

Originally posted by King49er:
No one can cover the guy.

Jerry Rice was the last WR who got as open as he does now.

He is the real deal

Not the physical receiver Rice was. Jackson is looking like a great player but he is no where near the total package that Rice was. That is no slam on Jackson. But, Jerry Rice? No.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
He is the first coming of Desean Jackson

True that
Rice was more of a yards after the catch guy, and Desean is a straight runner type.

Will he be? I don't know, but he has a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to catch up...

Overall I think he'll be a great WR, but it also helps he has a guy in McNabb who can bomb the ball 70 yards, lol. Jerry Rice-level? Probably not, but might just be the homer bias, lol
Jerry Rice never did any whack endzone dances, so no.
no way, d-jax is an elite receiver but is pretty much one dimensional. i NEVER see him take slants in the middle of the field, they're all streaks.
lol no. rice wasnt a fluky speed based boom or bust WR that returned kicks and punts.

come on. of ALL the wr's to compare to rice...jackson isnt even a similar player.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
no way, d-jax is an elite receiver but is pretty much one dimensional. i NEVER see him take slants in the middle of the field, they're all streaks.

I agree 100%
Desean Jackson trains harder than Jerry Rice
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

I agree 100%

yet he can't be stopped. i don't get it !
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

I agree 100%

yet he can't be stopped. i don't get it !

I watched him at Cal (I was at the game vs. Tenn @berkley, fricking awesome) and seen him the last two years, and I have to say McNabb is right, it's his "swagger" that makes him better than he should be. Not to mention it is hard to find a 5'7 175lbs guy running around a whole bunch of over six foot and 250+lbs guys, lol

The guy that all of the draft experts called ''a midget?''

Surely, you jest?
No.
/thread
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

??
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Source?
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol no. rice wasnt a fluky speed based boom or bust WR that returned kicks and punts.

come on. of ALL the wr's to compare to rice...jackson isnt even a similar player.

Crabtree reminds me more of Jerry than Jackson.
Share 49ersWebzone