LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 240 users in the forums

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I'm just asking what people see in him since some are ready to trade half a draft for when he's only played two games...

..and two games that i doubt anybody here has watched.

-9fA

I'd love to live in the fantasy world that Alex just needs another year or we can continue to pick off scrubs from the waiver wire and compete but I'm pretty much sick of that philosophy.

Kolb is a 2nd round pick has all the tools whose sat behind McNabb for 3 years and has been coached up by Reid and Mortinwheg. He looked decent in his 2 games too. To me that sounds alot more appealling than drafting a QB, and alot less riskier too.

I'd prefer Philly to tank and us land McNabb but either way if Philly picks a QB this offseason I hope we trade for the other.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 15, 2009 at 08:57:24 ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
kolb isn't a rookie

yeah my mistake. i just looked up his stats and he's only started 2 games in his 3-year career. still seems like a rook to me
definately don't trade our 1st rounds. we need two great O Linemen. then we will give alex a second or two more and then can really asses him
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
definately don't trade our 1st rounds. we need two great O Linemen. then we will give alex a second or two more and then can really asses him

What have you seen from Alex that suggests he can be a good QB?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
why? He has played 2 games basically (the game vs Baltimore last year after McNabb was benched Kolb looked terrible). Yes his 2 games had big numbers, but a few years ago Billy Volek was lighting the league up too. I have no clue who else we could get trade wise, but I'd rather take a rookie QB again. Though when the Texans traded for Schaub I don't think he even started a game lol
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
this actually makes plenty of sense. he's a really good qb

yeah, you know....that's not bad at all. He's shown he can produce and lead the team...

We'll have two first rounders, let one of them go for kolb. That i'm sure the eagles would do....
the only thing that bothers me is the possibility of him becoming a matt cassel with us. used to play on a team loaded with talent on offense and comes to a team with a crappy offensive line and a s**tty offensive coordinator.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
I'm just asking what people see in him since some are ready to trade half a draft for when he's only played two games...

-9fA

Actually I watched both. Aside from one bad ball he threw right to the Saints defender. He looked pretty damn good. To me he showed he can play.

My rationale is... If we are going to draft a QB in the 1st round.( which I understand isn't a guarantee) Why not just trade for a young guy who looks like he can already play. He has what, 2-3 years under his belt. Allbeit from the sidelines watching and learning. But the curve is that much less with him. For that little bit of "sideline experience" i'd trade away a 3rd round pick. We wouldn't use it right anyway most likely. And what's a 5th rounder?

Our team is ready to win now. Aside from the O-line. Which can also be addressed this offseason. If we draft a QB and have to wait 2-3 years. Then we are likely going to have more holes to fill elsewhere by the time they are ready.

Kevin Kolb or Sam Bradford in 010 or Bust!

VD for Kolb ?
I haven't seen anything fro Kolb to warrant a trade. Sorry but putting up big numbers with the Eagles offensive talent against 2 bad defenses in Kansas City and the Saints isn't showing me much. I'd like to see more of his game 1st to evaluate if he's good or not. but i'm all for improving the qb position
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Why would Philly draft a QB in the 2nd, sit and develop him, then once they have a great surrounding cast and he has developed well would they want to trade him with McNabb not getting younger?

Originally posted by KRS-1:

-9fA

Actually I watched both. Aside from one bad ball he threw right to the Saints defender. He looked pretty damn good. To me he showed he can play.

My rationale is... If we are going to draft a QB in the 1st round.( which I understand isn't a guarantee) Why not just trade for a young guy who looks like he can already play. He has what, 2-3 years under his belt. Allbeit from the sidelines watching and learning. But the curve is that much less with him. For that little bit of "sideline experience" i'd trade away a 3rd round pick. We wouldn't use it right anyway most likely. And what's a 5th rounder?

Our team is ready to win now. Aside from the O-line. Which can also be addressed this offseason. If we draft a QB and have to wait 2-3 years. Then we are likely going to have more holes to fill elsewhere by the time they are ready.

VD for Kolb ?

UR joking right? That would be beyond a terrible trade, but dumb of the 49ers to even consider this.

[ Edited by ttime1 on Nov 16, 2009 at 11:01:45 ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
I haven't seen anything fro Kolb to warrant a trade. Sorry but putting up big numbers with the Eagles offensive talent against 2 bad defenses in Kansas City and the Saints isn't showing me much. I'd like to see more of his game 1st to evaluate if he's good or not. but i'm all for improving the qb position

As opposed to drafting a QB in the 1st round?

If that is what we indeed end up doing.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:

-9fA

VD for Kolb ?

At the risk of getting this thread hijacked. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I mean he did help make Celek look all world when he was starting. 8 catches and 104 yards in both games Kolb Started.

But if we sent our 2nd 1st round pick and got Kolb throwing to VD. Then that would be fine too.
Originally posted by lamontb:

As opposed to drafting a QB in the 1st round?

If that is what we indeed end up doing.

True it's a roll of the dice either way. Or maybe trade for a proven vet but I really don't see one on the horizon. Just like I said I still haven't seen enough of the guy. what i did see he looked good so I'm not down on him at all. Just not sure about him. But good point
No thanks
Share 49ersWebzone