LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
Question

Can we trade draft picks for players before March when the CBA expires ???

I thought I heard that after it expires that players cannot get traded, and I dont see them agreeing on a new CBA until after the draft.

i don't think teams are allowed to trade players right now.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WestCoast:
Question

I thought I heard that after it expires that players cannot get traded, and I dont see them agreeing on a new CBA until after the draft.

So we can pretty much forget about trading for Kolb or any other QB because it looks highly unlikely that a new cba will get done before the draft.
Question

Just like past years, transactions involving players that are currently on a roster can't occur between the trade deadline of the current season (21010) and the official start of the following league year (2011), which is typically early March . . . the 2011 league year will not begin until a labor agreement is reached.
sux..hope we get that cba done
  • dj43
sux..hope we get that cba done

Certainly favors teams with settled QB situations and punishes those like the 49ers who don't.
Question

Nope, no trades and no draft day trades can happen. The draft will still go on as scheduled even if no new CBA.
All you Kevin Kolb fans want to explain WHY hed turn this team into a winner? seems to me all he did in Philly was play mediocre, have a weak arm, get hurt, and lose his job. doesnt sound like a franchise QB to me. especially for the price of a 1st or 2nd round pick.
Originally posted by Niners99:
All you Kevin Kolb fans want to explain WHY hed turn this team into a winner? seems to me all he did in Philly was play mediocre, have a weak arm, get hurt, and lose his job. doesnt sound like a franchise QB to me. especially for the price of a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Did you not see what he did to us this year? Alex was a 1st rounder and sucked why not spend a 1st-2nd rounder on a guy who at the very least will be the best QB we've had since Garcia..
Originally posted by jones49:

Did you not see what he did to us this year? Alex was a 1st rounder and sucked why not spend a 1st-2nd rounder on a guy who at the very least will be the best QB we've had since Garcia..

Kolb had two good games against the 49ers and the Falcons, but was mediocre in the rest (average passer rating in the low 60 range,) and downright horrible in the last game against Dallas (passer rating of 37) and lost all of those games. Considering that fact, a second round trade is possible, but a stretch.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Originally posted by jones49:

Kolb had two good games against the 49ers and the Falcons, but was mediocre in the rest (average passer rating in the low 60 range,) and downright horrible in the last game against Dallas (passer rating of 37) and lost all of those games. Considering that fact, a second round trade is possible, but a stretch.

That week 17 game was just horrible the Eagles also rested ALL of their threats. His biggest "go to guy" was Avant but Hall and Harbor actuall had better games and Harbor had one of the WORST DROPS OF THE SEASON wide open about 30 yards down the field with NOBODY in front of him and it hit him the stomach and fell to the ground Sickening for everybody watching that game except for Dallas fans haha.

I am not the biggest fan of Kolb, especially not for a 1st round pick but I wouldn't but I do think he can be a successful QB. He ripped our defense to shreds and SCORCHED ATL before they took their foot off the gas and played conservative. He could have EASILY put up 400+ yards vs them and the closest we have seen to a performance lke that in the past 8 years was with Troy Smith

Larry Fitzgerald wants Kolb

Quote:
The Cardinals have solicited Fitzgerald's opinion on which quarterback the team should trade for or sign, according to league sources.

Fitzgerald's first recommendation was Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb, for whom the Eagles are expected to entertain trade offers.

So Andy Reid traded McNabb so he could give Kolb the QB reins and even Fitzgerald wants to trade for him, but some 49ers don't want Kolb?

But then again, there are 49ers fans would still have faith in Alex Smith.
Originally posted by DesiDez:

Quote:
The Cardinals have solicited Fitzgerald's opinion on which quarterback the team should trade for or sign, according to league sources.

Fitzgerald's first recommendation was Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb, for whom the Eagles are expected to entertain trade offers.

So Andy Reid traded McNabb so he could give Kolb the QB reins and even Fitzgerald wants to trade for him, but some 49ers don't want Kolb?

Just heard the same thing on the radio. Kolb getting respect from a top tier WR
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Quote:

Very interesting. That means a lot because, I imagine, other players may have a better idea about who is a "player" and who is not. But that's not a fact cast in stone. Vernon Davis and Gore, for example, think that ASmith is a franchise QB.

I've not been in favor of getting Kolb for first rounders. Or even a second, if he is not the long term solution (which IMO, he isn't). Primarily because it takes the team's focus off identifying who the final solution will be.

Fritz did mention Bulger, who is my candidate for an interim solution. We KNOW that he is not long term, but he has played at a very high level. And it would not cost draft picks.

BTW, anybody notice that Fritz didn't mention ASmith . . . Sorry . . . never mind.
  • ZRF80

Quote:

Why didnt Fitz mention Alex Smith ? Odd........

Quote:

If he is getting that kind of praise from Fitz AND Harbaugh decides he is the guy he wants, I am all for us trading for him.
Share 49ersWebzone