There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Im on the trade for Tim Tebow bandwagon

i'm not gonna lie, he didn't look as bad as i thought he would. but i dont think he's the harbaugh type.
I'm on the save our draft picks for the draft and not on Kolb the most overrated QB in the NFL bandwagon.
Originally posted by backontop:
I'm on the save our draft picks for the draft and not on Kolb the most overrated QB in the NFL bandwagon.

The more I think of it... the more Kolb makes the most sense for us.

- versed in the art of WCO
- entering his prime at 26
- first QB in NFL history to record over 300 yds passing in 1st two starts

He's in a contract year. Meanwhile, Vick's contract is up. If the Eagles decide to keep Vick with a big contract they will have a strong incentive to deal Kolb. They will get draft picks if they deal him, they will get nothing if they don't. I feel they will trade him this offseason.

I think the starting point is our 2nd rounder this year. Maybe toss in next year's 3rd to seal the deal. No going above that imo.

This way we could draft defense round 1 (peterson, prince, miller) and have our QB of the future as well. A young QB like Kolb eliminates the need to draft any project QB in the later rounds, essentially recouping us a pick in that regard that we can use on some other position.
Question for the draft gurus, how would you compare Kolb to the QB's in this years draft class? Is he not any better than any of the rookies? I agree with the previous poster tjat a second would be a good starting point.

Again, this all comes down to Harbaugh, if he wants him then he will get him.
I think Harbaugh could do wonders with Kevin Kolb.
2nd round pick amke it happen
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Question for the draft gurus, how would you compare Kolb to the QB's in this years draft class? Is he not any better than any of the rookies? I agree with the previous poster tjat a second would be a good starting point.

Hard to say IMO. Kolb right now is in the perfect situation that will allow him to succeed. Hes got above average arm strength and throws some nice touch passes. His footwork, release and delivery are what an NFL QB should look like, I like to compare his mechanics to Matt Hasselbeck. I like Kolb, but not for the price the Eagles are asking for.
I'm not on the Kolb bandwagon because I do not see him as a final solution, i.e., a franchise QB. And if he is not that, then the cost to acquire him will be too high. A 2nd is TOO HIGH a price to pay for someone who is not potentially franchise. And the Eagles will be looking for some dysfunctional organization to over-pay for him.

Having watched Kolb and seen him speak, I would concur that he has the mechanicals. But where he falls short is in the MOST important area of INTANGIBLES.
He does not possess that unshakeable self-confidence in himself and his abilitites that all leaders/franchise QBs exude. You either have it or you don't. IMO he does not.

He has had some limited success in a starting role (during which time opponents have not yet had the opportunity to develop a "book" on him) and his deficiency has not been fully revealed. So his value as trade-bait is potentially at its highest. The Eagles will be looking to exploit this. We should avoid taking the bait.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
2nd round pick amke it happen

Eagles will probably ask for multiple draft picks. More along the lines of a 1st and 3rd or a couple 2nd rounders.

Maybe they settle for a second rounder. But then again maybe they decided to keep Kolb since their is no dependable backup behind Vick.
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:

IMO, the closest prospect to Kolb in this year's draft is Christian Ponder...similar size, arm strength, accuracy, athletisicm and fit for the WCO, though no where near Kolb's college production (mostly do to Houston's pass-happy spread attack).
I think the Eagles are gonna ask too much for Kolb, but if the price is right I dont see Harbaugh passing him up.
It sounds similar to the Jay Culter to Bears deal. Chicago overpaid for Culter and he is marginal at best, albeit talented. But that's immaterial, they were in the NFC Championship game.
We don't need to trade for this guy would be a waste of a 2nd rounder rather sign a veteran Qb and draft a QB would be a better deal. We have needs in alot of areas that need to be addressed so we need all our picks.
Buzz around the water cooler at Senior Bowl practices placed a second-round or possible late-first round trade value on Kevin Kolb.
SI.com's Peter King has been adamant that the Eagles will not move Kolb, but ESPN's Adam Schefter now reports the team will entertain offers. Kolb is only signed through 2011, so GM Howie Roseman would be remiss if he didn't at least consider flipping him for a first-round pick and signing a veteran to back up Michael Vick. The 49ers, Cardinals, Vikings, Titans, Panthers and perhaps even the Browns could be interested in Kolb.
Source: Jeff McLane on Twitter

If we could get Kolb for our 2nd round pick or something like our 2nd and 4th I think we have to do the trade. This team needs to have a stable starting QB and Kolb would be the perfect fit in Harbaugh's offense IMO. The Eagles got a 2nd and a 4th I believe for McNabb last year so getting a much younger Kolb at the same price seems like a bargain.

Then, we could draft Patrick Peterson/Prince Amukumara or Von Miller/Robert Quinn with our first round pick and draft which ever position we didn't get in the 1st with our 3rd round pick and fill our 3 biggest need areas.