There are 404 users in the forums

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'm blowing up this bandwagon.
  • obx49
  • Veteran

Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Yah I'm all for trading for him just not with a 1st round pick, 3rd round is fine.

i'd trade our 2nd. Having 22 picks these next 2 years we can always trade back into the 2nd!

i dont understand? Living in the philadelphia area, watching the news and having them televised every week, the games that he started or played in he was terrible! Never should've been drafted! I dont understand eveyones desire to get this guy......i know the qb free agents are slim but this guy isn't the answer
Originally posted by mryan1004:
Yah I'm all for trading for him just not with a 1st round pick, 3rd round is fine.

i'd trade our 2nd. Having 22 picks these next 2 years we can always trade back into the 2nd!

i dont understand? Living in the philadelphia area, watching the news and having them televised every week, the games that he started or played in he was terrible! Never should've been drafted! I dont understand eveyones desire to get this guy......i know the qb free agents are slim but this guy isn't the answer

Have to say that I agree.

This is setting up to be a classic scenario of a team (Eagles) making a killer trade of someone (Kolb) for a bunch of high picks. And the acquiring team eventually finding out that they were had.

The Eagles are ideally suited to reap some undeserved rewards here and, if Reid is smart, they'll just go ahead and do it. Reid knows it too, I think. His conundrum is that it's doubtful that Vick can go through a whole season unscathed; as strong at the end for the playoffs as he is in the early part of the season. Kolb is a decent back-up and can fill in while Vick is down. But a starting franchise QB? No way.

With Baalke and Harbaugh now running the show, I doubt that they will make this mistake.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I wouldn't say terrible, hes got some potential to be good. IMO, he just hasn't really done anything in the league that warrants a 1st or 2nd round pick. Matt Cassel at least passed for 3,600 yards and guided a team to a 10-5 record before being traded for a 2nd round pick.

But that's my opinion for only trading a 3rd, no way the Eagles take a 3rd, oh well.
  • evil
  • Veteran

I wouldn't say terrible, hes got some potential to be good. IMO, he just hasn't really done anything in the league that warrants a 1st or 2nd round pick. Matt Cassel at least passed for 3,600 yards and guided a team to a 10-5 record before being traded for a 2nd round pick.

But that's my opinion for only trading a 3rd, no way the Eagles take a 3rd, oh well.

He isn't terrible. But he hasn't proved he is great either, though there have been flashes of him being able to develop into a good QB if given the chance. Claiming he shouldn't have been drafted is flat out wrong, especially if you watch the Atlanta game.

Best offer we could make would be to swap first round picks with Philly and throw in a conditional pick in 2012.
Im on the trade for Tim Tebow bandwagon
Originally posted by KRS-1:

He isn't terrible. But he hasn't proved he is great either, though there have been flashes of him being able to develop into a good QB if given the chance. Claiming he shouldn't have been drafted is flat out wrong, especially if you watch the Atlanta game.

Best offer we could make would be to swap first round picks with Philly and throw in a conditional pick in 2012.

WAY too much to pay for a back-up. Because basically that is his ceiling.

In SF he would be an interim solution until the team has identified and installed it's franchise QB.

If my instincts are correct, the Eagles would be looking to pluck the hen and the Niners are not ready to play the turkey.
No. He costs too much. If he came cheap, i'd be willing, but philly wants two firsts for this guy.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
No. He costs too much. If he came cheap, i'd be willing, but philly wants two firsts for this guy.

If it were 1 1st I would do it but 2 is steep.

I suppose they are not quite sold on Vick.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DominantQE:

I suppose they are not quite sold on Vick.

Well, remember what happened the last time a team traded his back-up?

I think the fact that they are asking for 2 1sts just shows how much they want to keep him. THey know it is a ridiculous demand and most teams wouldn't pull the trigger. And if someone is so desparate and they do give up 2 first rounders, then the Eagles just robbed a team.

I think this could all change if Kolb keeps pressuring the Eagles to trade him. he's already said that he either wants to start or go to another team.

Look for Kolb to keep b***hing about it, and once that happens, the Eagles will be forced to trade him for a 2nd or 3rd.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Im on the trade for Tim Tebow bandwagon

• dj43
The only circumstance in which trading a 2nd (forget a 1st) round draft choice would be a team who was ready to contend deep into the playoffs and only needed one single piece - QB.

The 49ers need a pass rusher and CB almost as badly as a QB...along with a new starting WR, RG, center and FS. Hence, trading either a 1st or a 2nd for a totally unproven commodity would be a very bad trade.
Share 49ersWebzone