Not a member? Register Now!

Gaines Adams Traded to Chi Bears

• KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
did the bears draft him originally?

Nope. Went to the Bucs.

He really should have been developed into a 3-4 system as an OLB. He was way too weak to be an DE in either a 4-3 or tampa 2 defense.

I wonder if we showed ANY interest
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Nope. Went to the Bucs.

He really should have been developed into a 3-4 system as an OLB. He was way too weak to be an DE in either a 4-3 or tampa 2 defense.

prolly not

Nope. Went to the Bucs.

McCloughan could have showed interest but Patrick Willis had to be higher on the board.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
The guy is a bust and was Tampa's version of Manny Lawson. Even worse considering he was the 4th pick of the '07 draft. Gruden wanted Adrian Peterson and Monte Kiffin lobbied for Gaines Adams. Great move Monte!

At least Manny could drop into coverage and is solid against the run.

Adams has more than twice as many sacks. 13.5 to 6. twice as many passes defended. 10 to 5. twice as many int's. 2 to 1. Also has a TD.

They both played in 37 games.

But i agree hasn't leaved up to his #4 pick status. But I think that will change wth the surrounding help he'll have.

In Lawson's defense he missed a whole season. Plus under Nolan would come off the field on third downs. Lawson got a lot less reps than Adams.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Nope. Went to the Bucs.

McCloughan could have showed interest but Patrick Willis had to be higher on the board.

I meant in trading for him. Dunno if the fact they wanted a 2nd for him was too rich for us but did we at least inquire ?

And I am not so sure Willis would have been rated higher than Adams had we been sitting at 4.
Didn't a majority of the folks here have a raging Hard-On for this guy during the '07 Draft?
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Didn't a majority of the folks here have a raging Hard-On for this guy during the '07 Draft?

I really wanted him.

Maybe he'll do better with the Bears.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I really wanted him.

I don't remember much excitement for him here, mostly it was Willis vs Carriker
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

I really wanted him.

That's because there was no way Adams would have dropped to our pick, so he wasn't even considered.
who cares
Originally posted by susweel:
I wish loser McClueless would make some moves.

The Bears gave up a 2nd round pick... I'd be pissed off if we gave up a second for what was been essentially a bust up to this point.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
the bears really dont give a hoot about draft picks. i like gaines adams but there will soon be a point in time where they're going to let solid players go due to their salary

Maybe Adams is better than a 2nd round pick

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

I really wanted him.

That's because there was no way Adams would have dropped to our pick, so he wasn't even considered.

Yup.. Adams is the best pass rushing prospect that has entered the draft in the last few years. I thought he wouls be perfect in 3-4, but there was no way he was going to drop to us in that draft.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by susweel:
I wish loser McClueless would make some moves.

He wants to keep his draft picks so he can draft some more mistakes.

Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm here, but we've had some of the better drafts in the league over the past several years.

If someone would've posted their mock draft and said that we'd pick Crabtree and trade our 2nd for a high 1st in '10, they would've gotten harrassed and then had their thread locked.