LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 187 users in the forums

Gaines Adams Traded to Chi Bears

Shop 49ers game tickets
"Filed to ESPN: Tampa Bay traded defensive end Gaines Adams to the Chicago Bears for a 2010 draft pick thought to be a second-round pick."

twitter.com/adam_schefter
Nice.
I think he was a top 10 pick, no?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I wish loser McClueless would make some moves.
I thought the Bears have/had bigger needs than DE and Gaines Adams has been really a bust so far. Now the Bears have no 1st or 2nd rd pick next year.
Originally posted by susweel:

-9fA
The guy is a bust and was Tampa's version of Manny Lawson. Even worse considering he was the 4th pick of the '07 draft. Gruden wanted Adrian Peterson and Monte Kiffin lobbied for Gaines Adams. Great move Monte!

At least Manny could drop into coverage and is solid against the run.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
The guy is a bust and was Tampa's version of Manny Lawson. Even worse considering he was the 4th pick of the '07 draft. Gruden wanted Adrian Peterson and Monte Kiffin lobbied for Gaines Adams. Great move Monte!

At least Manny could drop into coverage and is solid against the run.

Adams has more than twice as many sacks. 13.5 to 6. twice as many passes defended. 10 to 5. twice as many int's. 2 to 1. Also has a TD.

They both played in 37 games.

But i agree hasn't leaved up to his #4 pick status. But I think that will change wth the surrounding help he'll have.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I thought the Bears have/had bigger needs than DE and Gaines Adams has been really a bust so far. Now the Bears have no 1st or 2nd rd pick next year.

But more importantly than those draft picks they got a legit franchise qb. And if they believe Adams can make an impact right now than go for it. Time will tell if it's a good deal, or not but if you are confident in your scouting and coaching make the move. Adams has been quite these few years in the league. I seen him have a great game but that was against the Skins. Personally I'm not to sure bout the move, but I'm all for teams trying to make things happen.

the bears really dont give a hoot about draft picks. i like gaines adams but there will soon be a point in time where they're going to let solid players go due to their salary
Originally posted by susweel:

He wants to keep his draft picks so he can draft some more mistakes.
i think for a short while i wanted him
did the bears draft him originally?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
did the bears draft him originally?

Nope. Went to the Bucs.

He really should have been developed into a 3-4 system as an OLB. He was way too weak to be an DE in either a 4-3 or tampa 2 defense.
Share 49ersWebzone