LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

Consider trading for a #1 WR?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • TowelBoy
  • Info N/A
I'm a bit jaded about continuing to play the draft for a game-breaking WR. Third rounders that never pan out, first rounders that never sign... etc. I'd much rather focus our great draft picks on filling other needs and possibly securing a franchise QB.

With that said, is our passing attack fine as is? Are Vernon Davis, Josh Morgan, and some sure-handed veterans enough to supplement our RB-centered offense?

If not, is it time (by time I mean next offseason) the 49ers start throwing high round picks around when names like Anquan Boldin and Braylon Edwards go on the trading block?

Thoughts?
Who are all these Superstar WR's that are just readily available as free agents? Arizona isn't trading Boldin to us, and Edwards isn't that great.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Oct 1, 2009 at 20:54:17 ]
How about Brandon Marshall?
  • TowelBoy
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Who are all these Superstar WR's that are just readily available as free agents? Arizona isn't trading Boldin to us, and Edwards isn't that great.

Those are just names I pulled out of last season's general NFL trade rumors. And Edwards is pretty darn dangerous.

Before you worry about names, do you agree that our team still eventually needs a true #1 WR? If so, what's a better way to get it, the draft or existing NFL players?
Originally posted by TowelBoy:

Those are just names I pulled out of last season's general NFL trade rumors. And Edwards is pretty darn dangerous.

Before you worry about names, do you agree that our team still eventually needs a true #1 WR? If so, what's a better way to get it, the draft or existing NFL players?

While it looks like Crabtree is not going to sign, I feel we do need that true #1 WR. I am not feeling that Morgan or anyone else we have is going to fill that role, that is, unless Jones shows us some really good things. We would probably have to draft a WR instead of acquiring one through a trade.
Brandon marshal!!!! Or sign T.O. Next year
Originally posted by SJniner7:

While it looks like Crabtree is not going to sign, I feel we do need that true #1 WR. I am not feeling that Morgan or anyone else we have is going to fill that role, that is, unless Jones shows us some really good things. We would probably have to draft a WR instead of acquiring one through a trade.

well now that we're at it...might want a franchise QB too...

Of course it would benefit us to have a true #1 WR, but it's not like they are easy to get. Who knows what a draft pick will turn into, and the big names either get resigned or go to a championship caliber team to win it all.

Of course it would benefit us to have a true #1 WR, but it's not like they are easy to get. Who knows what a draft pick will turn into, and the big names either get resigned or go to a championship caliber team to win it all.
who said we won't be a championship caliber team after this year?
  • JMPNINER
  • Info N/A
Steve smith??? But not for their 1st rounder. That pick is really starting too look like a top 5 pick. Just think if we get the jets 1st rounder too?

Originally posted by JMPNINER:
Steve smith??? But not for their 1st rounder. That pick is really starting too look like a top 5 pick. Just think if we get the jets 1st rounder too?

i doubt that we get the jets 1st rounder even if they're found guilty
Originally posted by JMPNINER:

yeah i was going to toss his name out there as well.

Edwards >>>> every WR on our roster.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Edwards >>>> every WR on our roster.

I'm pretty sure Edwards is borderline garbage
dwayne bowe is supposedly available
Share 49ersWebzone