LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 311 users in the forums

Consider trading for a #1 WR?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Chico
  • Veteran
I agree we should trade for a #1 WR. Edwards is so over rated and drops too many passes. I'd rather have Boldin. But, it's never going to happen. We SHOULD have landed TJ "Who's yo mama!"

I'm starting to lose faith in Scotty...He's done some good things but isn't it his responsibility to check out the Agents before we WASTE $ on a #1 pick?

I'm ashamed to say it, but maybe the Raiders knew what they were doing???
Originally posted by posayshoohaa:
dwayne bowe is supposedly available

link? i would love to have him on this team.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Who are all these Superstar WR's that are just readily available as free agents? Arizona isn't trading Boldin to us, and Edwards isn't that great.

Edwards >>>> every WR on our roster.
yeah no

most overrated WR in the league

drops balls like its cool
Originally posted by TowelBoy:
I'm a bit jaded about continuing to play the draft for a game-breaking WR. Third rounders that never pan out, first rounders that never sign... etc. I'd much rather focus our great draft picks on filling other needs and possibly securing a franchise QB.

With that said, is our passing attack fine as is? Are Vernon Davis, Josh Morgan, and some sure-handed veterans enough to supplement our RB-centered offense?

If not, is it time (by time I mean next offseason) the 49ers start throwing high round picks around when names like Anquan Boldin and Braylon Edwards go on the trading block?

Thoughts?

I think Brandon Jones has big play abbility

Originally posted by Snider8706:
Brandon marshal!!!! Or sign T.O. Next year

Sorry bud. if we ever sign T.O. again i will not watch the niners until he is gone. but its a mute point because it would never happen
Originally posted by Chico:
I agree we should trade for a #1 WR. Edwards is so over rated and drops too many passes. I'd rather have Boldin. But, it's never going to happen. We SHOULD have landed TJ "Who's yo mama!"

I'm starting to lose faith in Scotty...He's done some good things but isn't it his responsibility to check out the Agents before we WASTE $ on a #1 pick?

I'm ashamed to say it, but maybe the Raiders knew what they were doing???

The Raiders stupidity has made them look like geniuses. Go figure.
Originally posted by sicc110:

Sorry bud. if we ever sign T.O. again i will not watch the niners until he is gone. but its a mute point because it would never happen

Yea I know we'll never have t.o. Again and I know he has a big mouth and a bad attitude but he could be the 2nd greAtest wr of all time and he was one of my favorite niners
  • dj43

That is like saying would you rather have a tooth ache or hemorrhoids.
  • B650
  • Veteran

I will love to have Boldin with the niners... he brings tons of leadership and he is definitely a playmaker, him with Morgan and a speedy receiver and we are set... I will love for Arizona to send him this way so we can forget about the purapicha de Crabtree...

go nienrs

Originally posted by dj43:

That is like saying would you rather have a tooth ache or hemorrhoids.

Lol that's a good one!
Originally posted by billybonka:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Who are all these Superstar WR's that are just readily available as free agents? Arizona isn't trading Boldin to us, and Edwards isn't that great.

Edwards >>>> every WR on our roster.
yeah no

most overrated WR in the league

drops balls like its cool

yes he has had plenty of drops.... but the guy is a monster... great deep threat that will make the safeties play back or double him... he is just on a horrible team... players play better when they are on a better team..

if the niners have a chance to get him for cheap they should not be stupid and go for it.. Ive watched the guy when he was playing at U of M... Hes still got TONS OF UPSIDE...

He just needs a good system or even a good QB for that matter
  • dj43
The 49ers definitely need a solid #1 WR, without one they will never get past the first round of the playoffs, if they get that far.

We will continue to see 8 in the box in every game until/unless someone starts to get open for Hill. A big part of the high sack total is the fact no one is getting open on a regular basis.

A trade for a #1 is going to be VERY expensive. Best shot is drafting one but the depth next year doesn't sound very good at this point in the season. Then again, there is plenty of time to consider the options. Nothing is going to happen before March 1 anyway.
If boldin doesn't get an extension is he going to be a free agent next year?
  • JC49
  • Veteran
If we get picks from a trade for Crappee and more for compensation for tampering we certainly would have the picks to throw around. Especially since we wouldn't have the room with the rookie salary cap to sign them all.

Personally I hope they just stick with all the rookies on the squad we have already drafted who show promise and develop them. There is another thread complaining about Jason Hill not getting activated for games or getting any reps. Next year Bruce will retire and we have our receivers already with Morgan, Battle, Jones, Hill, Spurlock, Ziegler. That's plenty to choose from especially if we actually stick with the same OC and offense. There will still be competition since we may only keep five. They could always bring in a rookie free agent or two to worry the rest of them.

Then maybe we'll finally draft a right tackle.
Share 49ersWebzone